Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 2:58 AM
Sims 3 & One Tree Hill...??
I was just watching ANTM and there was a commercial promoting the next episode of One Tree Hill. It looks as if the (whole?) episode will be filmed as the sims instead of real people. How great is that? What a great way to promote the new game. This should be treat for all sim fans.

Any thoughts?

"I'm too booty-licious for ya, babe!"
Check out my DND Designs
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 3:01 AM
I saw this and it confused the hell out of me.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 3:06 AM
they never said anything about it on the preview from last Monday's episode... I dunno, I'm not really believing it but I guess we'll find out Monday.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Instructor
#4 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 3:41 AM
A character in the show will be seen playing the game, apparently.
#5 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 11:45 AM
That commercial confused the hell out of me too. I don't watch that show, so even though I'm curious, I doubt I'll watch just for what will probably be like 3 seconds of showing the game.
#6 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 6:16 PM
I saw the preview yesterday and could barely prevent a giggle of excitement from escaping. Personally, I think they're finally going to be showing a commerical for the game (I don't recall ever seeing one, so far, promoting its release) during the show.

For some reason, I really doubt that they would do a whole episode of it, using Sims animation. How much would that even cost? LOL. As for the idea that a character would be playing the game itself during the show, all that would do is make me even more impatient to get my hands on the game. A commerical, I can deal with...but that....*shakes head*
#7 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 9:54 PM
^ Yeah, it is kind of weird.
Theorist
#8 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 4:32 AM
Yeah I'm just as confused as the rest of you. I don't watch One Tree Hill but it's cool that they're using the show to promote The Sims 3, it makes perfect sense to me. The thing I hated about the commerical though is that they made it look like you can actually go inside the hospital even though we know you can't.
Scholar
#9 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 5:27 PM
Good god, how is that show still on the air?
#10 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 2:01 AM
I'm watching One Tree Hill, right now. I believe the first half of the second scene of the game was in Sims animation, showing the inside of the Hospital. Then they showed a commerical, giving a link for the CW website for exclusive Sims 3 downloads and screensavers.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/sims3 <--- here it is, if anyone is interested.

I haven't seen the scene where someone is supposed to be playing the actual game. Perhaps, it is a little too early in the show....

EDIT: Just saw it. It was the Jamie character, playing it on his computer. It wasn't a long scene. It was just a scrolling view of the neighborhood on the actual game with Jamie trying to explain the trait system to someone else.
#11 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 2:07 AM
I almost freaked out when I saw the commerical! Im so excitied!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 2:23 AM
I came across this from snooty sims site:
http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/thesims3 it features wallpapers and sreensavers promoting sims 3 on "One Tree Hill."