Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 8:48 PM
Default Proof of freckles!
You know how gossiping on how there might not be freckles included with The Sims 3? Well I took a look at all the sims on the new cover, and what did I discover on someone's cheeks?

Freckles.

Take a gander at this:
http://mms.businesswire.com/bwapps/...id=5&download=1

Now, zoom in, and look at the plumbob that is on the left side of the box. You should see a guy with brown hair and blue eyes. He's got freckles.

Freckles, finally, no CC freckles! :D

Sims3King
Lots, photography, and machinima...
Coming soon

The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream maker's gonna make you mad;
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
Its all in your mind!"
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 9:14 PM
YAY!!!!!
ZOMGGGGG. :wowsers:

BEAUTY MARKS ASWELL(the girl aboVE the big S with hoop earrings and black hair)
*excited* :D

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#3 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 9:25 PM
Yes - they have beauty marks and freckles and they are colorable/designable like hair. Actually if you go to Frankies post (all TS3 info...) with the updated Sims3 stuff and click on all those links you get lots of information. There are so many links and I have read them all and I don't know which one I read that in.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 5th Feb 2009 at 11:39 PM
What I noticed at first sight was that the smug woman who appears above the plumbbob on the left... also appears below it, with the same expression. EA, if you want to be lazy and create less art than necessary on your box, at least try to not make it obvious! And if you want to be sneaky and make Smug Woman appear twice... avoid making her appear a third time under your logo on the bottom right!
Alchemist
#5 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 12:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by The_French_Sim
What I noticed at first sight was that the smug woman who appears above the plumbbob on the left... also appears below it, with the same expression. EA, if you want to be lazy and create less art than necessary on your box, at least try to not make it obvious! And if you want to be sneaky and make Smug Woman appear twice... avoid making her appear a third time under your logo on the bottom right!

Wow good point. Those are probably supposed to be "different" Sims.
Now, on the lowest left plumbbob on its lower right side, we see Render Girl or at least a clone of her. The strap on her shoulder looks like a drool line & makes for a pretty deranged appearance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 2:07 AM

Those are three different people.

You can tell because that sim below the woman by the Plumbob is actually Mortimer Goth, and the woman above the EA logo doesn't have a beauty mark/mole, like the girl does by the plumbob. And the two girls your talking about don't even look alike! The girl by the EA logo has a more Asian look to her.

EDIT: Oh I see which sim your talking about now! :smash:

Sims3King
Coming soon

Its all in your mind!"
#7 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 6:33 AM
Which sim in that picture had the freckles?
#8 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 6:37 AM
This one, I believe.

(I think it may be more evident in the original picture)
#9 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 6:42 AM
Yea I can barely make them out but that's what they are.I hope they will have heavier shades of freckles also and freckles that can cover the body.
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 5:38 PM

A little help for those who haven't realised yet :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 5:52 PM
Also that guy that is wearing the beanie shows up twice too. Not to mention the man that has green eyes, and is looking up *he's by The Sims 3 logo* shows up twice as well.

EA's just getting lazy again. :eviltongu

Sims3King
Coming soon

Its all in your mind!"
Alchemist
#12 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 7:02 PM
That's pretty lame. They couldn't make 3 or 4 extra Sims?
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 7:07 PM
Lazy EA. :/

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Instructor
#14 Old 6th Feb 2009 at 7:43 PM
Perhaps they really liked the looks of those sims. And really, to the average consumer, the variation of characters on boxart isn't all that important.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Blaztro
Perhaps they really liked the looks of those sims. And really, to the average consumer, the variation of characters on boxart isn't all that important.
The thing is (I might be getting slightly off topic) that to a more careful customer, the fact that a few characters were copy-pasted here and there on the box art shows that EA couldn't be arsed to get more sims done for this/to change the box art so that it's less obvious. If they don't even care about that, I'm worried about what "details" they might overlook in the programming of the game.
#16 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 10:29 AM
The thing is (I might be getting slightly off topic) that to a more careful customer, the fact that a few characters were copy-pasted here and there on the box art shows that EA couldn't be arsed to get more sims done for this/to change the box art so that it's less obvious. If they don't even care about that, I'm worried about what "details" they might overlook in the programming of the game.

I'm almost certain that a totally separate person/team makes the box art. Also no one will look at the cover and be like 'OMG that Sim is there THREE times! I REFUSE to buy this game!'
If the cover looks attractive and presentable it is fine. And it does.

By the way I too am excited about being able to have Freckles. All the Sims customisation options excite me!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 11:29 AM
Game is more important than cover. So wouldn't it be normal if they don't labor for a cover as much as for the game itself?
Forum Resident
#18 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 11:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by higgins534
I'm almost certain that a totally separate person/team makes the box art.
There are project leaders who supervise/give their approval for both the box art and the programming, aren't there? What I'm saying is that it gives an idea of how lax said leaders may be. A marketing executive should also have thought of that.
(That, and EA had proved to be able to release EPs with BIG bugs without caring all that much. Some bugs from Nightlife have even never been fixed!)
#19 Old 11th Feb 2009 at 1:10 AM
There are project leaders who supervise/give their approval for both the box art and the programming, aren't there? What I'm saying is that it gives an idea of how lax said leaders may be. A marketing executive should also have thought of that.
(That, and EA had proved to be able to release EPs with BIG bugs without caring all that much. Some bugs from Nightlife have even never been fixed!)

You're right about that. However it took me till someone pointed it out to notice the repeated Sim.

They do care, well the team does, EA the company not so much.
Test Subject
#20 Old 11th Mar 2009 at 5:40 AM
That is awesome! Finally freckles...
Test Subject
#21 Old 14th Mar 2009 at 12:15 AM
yes and beauty spots
ironicly? i hav like a same beauty spot as that girl with the earings but on my right cheek
(this stuff is getting to freaky)

Transformers!!!!! are awesums!!!