Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 5:39 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets
Default genius trait difficulties
i had a family where i picked "genius" for the first child (on growing up to become a teen). nothing. he still have only 3 traits (its 3 at child isnt it?) and none of them are genius.
ok i thought maybe that was some bug (like when his mother went invisible for a while).
on to child number two who i picked genius for when she aged up to child. nothing.
she still have two traits only.

and im mystified. other traits seem to work fine (i play very little, but i have had 3 other sims aging up and getting the traits i picked for them, but this is the only time i have used genius)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 6:58 PM
No help to offer, but the same thing happened to me--also with two children in the same family. WTH?
Inventor
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:55 PM
My guess is that when you picked the trait, you didn't moved you're choice up with the arrows, to show with the others traits in the panel on top.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 7:59 PM
I agree Cocomama. I did the same thing a few times before I realized that just clicking on the trait did not make it move up to the panel. :/

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 3:53 AM
It happened to me too and whenever I used testingcheatsenabled to change the traits and added a the genius trait it still didn't work and I pushed the up arrow. It failed twice. But my sims had the rocker trait from their mom so I thought that was why but apparently its not just me so I don't know why. I even tried removing the rocker trait and putting in the genius trait and it still didn't work.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 5:22 AM
Hrm..that is odd. My genius traits have always 'stuck' when I finally figured out how to add traits. I have not used cheats to give/change traits, so I can't help in that area. Maybe it's a game bug?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:19 AM Last edited by gulhare : 28th Jun 2009 at 7:46 PM.
no no, i arrow them up.
i have yet to try genius in another family, so i cant tell if its just this one family affected.

naturally the one i had planned for geniuses with the odd misfit, you know. now full of missfit children (2) , sob sob.

edit. ok this is annoying. the trial family is refusing to take traits! any traits. i have to use testingcheats over and over and over again to get any new traits on aging up! (thats to say it sometimes takes 5-6 times with the cheat on the same person for it to work)
this MUST be a bug.