Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:38 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default game update?
i just installed ts3 on my laptop (which meets all requirements) and so far i have had two problems and havent even been able to play the game.
1st problem: I click the play button and it tells me to put in the Sims 3 game disc
I uninstalled and i havent seen that again but i really wouldnt know because i cant even get to the game launcher because when i click on the shortcut i get a box that says " cannot launch game while game update is being installed"
this has been going on for 3 hours.
I've uninstalled/installed multiple times.

is it supposed to take this long or is something wrong?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 10:58 PM
so i got around the launcher by going through the program files-game-bin..
the game loaded fine but when it got to choosing a neighborhood it said there was no disc!
frustrating.
please help!!!

(btw, i have used this disc on another computer and everything was fine...)
Test Subject
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 4:35 AM Last edited by sonia16 : 27th Jun 2009 at 4:36 AM. Reason: misspelled words
internetchik, I had the same problem. I installed the sims 3, went to play... "please insert disk". I was soo mad.. then did exactly what you did, got into the neighborhood screen, and before I could even click on the neighborhood, same thing, "please insert disk". What I did was I downloaded daemon tools lite 4.30.3. I know alot of people use this program to mount images to games that they illegally download from the internet, but I own the sims 3 fair and square and can use whatever peogram I like to run it without the cd. This is what the program does. you "mount" the image onto a virtual drive, and then you can run the sims 3. Believe me, I went through exactly what you are going through, and this worked. I have the needed to mount on the virtual drive. If anything, give me your email addy and I can send it to you. and give you instructions as well. before this issue I have only heard about daemon tools, never used it. Let me know if this helps!!