Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:41 PM Last edited by RubyRedJess : 25th Jun 2009 at 9:16 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Help....
Hello fellow simmers,
First off so sorry if this is in the wrong spot,I installed the sims 3 update supposed to make some of the gameplay better well i tryed to play the game and as soon as it got to the loading screen it shut down.I deleted every CC i downloaded today and it still wont load. Am i doing something wrong?

I don`t know if this this matters but i am playing on a newer windows vista laptop. getting really depressed here
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 9:17 PM
You should have moved the mods folder out of the sims 3 folder before doing the update. Also, deleting the cache that has the mod stuff in it. You probably just need to re-install all the mods using from fresh downloads, since I think the patch writes over any files in the sims 3 folder. It had a lot of things it was doing in there.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 9:27 PM
thanks for your quick reply. i took out the body slider and facial hack and it seems to run fine now.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:07 PM
did anyone get this patch working with bodysliderhack?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:50 AM
i put the bodysliderhack back in the game and for some reason now it runs fine with the hack so i am confused as to why it had the problem in the first place
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:52 AM
Just like in Sims 2, hacks need to be updated when patches and new EP's are released. A sticky has been posted here regarding removal of hacks etc.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 3:53 AM
thank you canoodle for clearing this up for me btw i love the avatar