Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 2:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Houses not showing....please help
First let me say hello because i'm new here so Hi!!! Now to the problem, I've downloaded several houses from various sites but it seems that they never show in the houses bin. It's like I never downloaded them at all. I'm talking like 25 out of 30 don't show up. I just finished a clean installation of the game without any downloads and I get the same result. I'm stuck!! :confused: Does anyone know what I can do?? Thanks in advance for your help.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 2:48 PM
I am having this same problem. When I install the house it says it is going to the teleport folder and the file extension is .tmp. I don't understand why it would save the house as a temp file. Please somebody out there help!

Also, the Clean Installer I downloaded is what my computer defaults to when installing the houses. Is that suppose to happen?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 4:54 PM
Houses are installed to the Teleport directory. When you launch the game, the game will convert them to the appropriate file type and you should see them in your Lot Bin. From experience, the number of houses that show up in the Lot Bin depends on where you downloaded the .sims2pack from. When I installed houses from the official site, I could only get one lot to install at a time. I found it very annoying. However, if I downloaded it as a .zip or .rar, I could install more than one without having to load my game in between. It could just have been my computer (based on my memory and graphics card). Again, this is from my experience.

If your lots are being installed by Clean Installer, that means the .sims2pack files got associated with that program. If you don't want to open it with Clean Installer, then just right-click on the file and select Open With.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Mar 2005 at 6:01 PM
Thank you so much daysies!. I tried installing with the open with and used the Sims2 Installer and it worked! Now my house are showing up. Yea!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 2:29 AM
do you mean install one file and then load the game and repeat this with every house?? Thanks for all your help.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Mar 2005 at 7:12 PM
Princessreche - Yes. If you're using the Clean Installer, you'll have to do that as there is one lot file that is named the same in all your lot packages. It'll keep getting overwritten if you don't load your game in between.
#7 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 3:54 PM
I'm having the same problem with houses not showing up. Only I don't have Clean Installer. Can anyone help me?
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#8 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 5:01 PM
Why you don't you download it?

http://sims2pack.modthesims2.com - Read everything on that page.