Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 5:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage
Default *boom* Aw, crap.
Okay, I got a major error.
Make that a series of major errors.

I just installed Uni, quite cleanly on the 2nd attempt. Everything looks and runs well until...

1 hour before class. Inactions panel goes away. Sim chokes and dies.
I'm running a series of recolours only for this event.

With InSIM EP DEST and the InTeenimater EP loaded, the sim will random teleport around while doing things, however, the choking and dying clears up nicely.
Example: Doing assignment in chair. Will randomly teleport from chair to standing position. Progress bar remains, no progress made, goes about their business. Jumping continues to occur in conversations with other sims, resulting in no gains in relation.

If this is in the wrong forum, forgive me. I can't really guess where else to put this. Unfortunately, it is late, and I cannot continue with these tests until the morning. I will return then in hopes of a reply that helps.

Many thanks.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 8:11 PM
I believe that this thread (http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=47692) has some answers to the sudden-death problem. Make sure you do not have the SIM edition of the insimenator installed, and check the list of compatible hacks to make sure you don't have any dangerous ones installed. Oh, and remember to build a large graveyeard while testing.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 9:32 PM
I'll just be making a clean reinstall. My major families should be backed up, and most of my mods are easily recoverable.

Thanks for the help anyways, but I can't identify what is causing the damage. Maxis house download really fubared me; it's where my sister first found that damned coffee machine.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 9:46 PM
just make a backup folder and then reinstall the game and put the hacks that don't affect the game into your folders. this is a long and painful process, but its usually only one hack that can mess up the game.