Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 11:09 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University
Default Issues with the Patch
I can't install the latest version of the Maxis patch, which means I can't install Uni.

I've removed all hacks and user-created objects from my downloads folder. Any other suggestions?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 11:17 PM
You don't need the patch if you are going to install Uni. Just go straight to installing the EP.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 11:22 PM Last edited by lechapeau : 24th Mar 2005 at 11:26 PM. Reason: About having one or both patches
I heard the one on the Maxis site now is the new patch, not checked it though. If you've done all that already, I'd just uninstall it and reinstall it, it doesn't take long. I'd make a back up and copy it all too just to be safe. Read the info on this in the Help Section.
I think you do need the second if you already have one, Uni just puts the patches on if you havent any at all.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 11:22 PM
I do. It tries to install the patch on it's own at the end of the Uni installation. It then says there's an error. So I tried to download the patch on it's own from the official site. Same error.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 12:03 AM
I had to uninstall the orig game (but saved all my saved games) and reinstall the orig then the EP....then added any hacks and such. But that was the same problem I had had.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 12:03 AM
Are you sure you've downloaded the patch? I mean, did the download complete? It's about 16.7 MB and it's specific to what install you have: CD or DVD. This is for the Original. There is no Uni patch out yet. Just install the patch by double-clicking on it.