Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 11:42 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default Is there anyway I can reset the character thumbails?
My toddler grew up into a child and ended up with a really ugly outfit. I bought her a better one but I can't stand the fact that she's still wearing the ugly clothes in her character thumbnail. Is there anyway I can reset the thumbnail so she's wearing the new outfit I bought for her in the thumbnail?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:25 AM
If you do change appearance in a mirror it should change her outfit in the thumbnail. You could click on a different hairstyle and then back to the original one just to make sure it thinks something has changed, but it's always worked for me either way.
Test Subject
#3 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:28 AM
Right, the 'change appearance' option in a mirror will reset the character pic to the current 'everyday' clothes. If you have the EP installed, it also changes the sim's expression and picture angle.
Public Enema #2
#4 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:38 AM
Uhm,.. you guys dont seem to understand. the thumbs are taken only during an age transition and aren't remade if you simply change outfits.

All thunbs are stored here:
C:\Documents and Settings\(your Acount Name)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\

you can safely delete ALL package files from here and they will all be remade the next time you start up the game. It will take a bit longer for that new startup as it has to make the thumbs all from scratch, but as the game often buggers thumbs it's worth doing now and again.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:42 AM
I do understand - I've changed my sims thumbnail any number of times just by changing their clothes and then using the mirror.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:44 AM
Maybe im misunderstanding, but im referring to the picture of the sim that appears over the age indicator in the UI - it DEFINITELY changes when you alter their appearance or change clothes. Even the sim portraits on the left-hand side of the screen change.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:46 AM
Naw you can just use a mirror and it'll update it just fine.