Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Mutantbunny : 25th Mar 2005 at 5:09 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons
Default terrain problem--can't remove a feature
I DLed and placed a lot. The lot did not apper to have any water feature on it. BUT when I backed out to the hood view--there was water on the lot and across the street. I put the lot back in the bin, thinking the water would go with it. But it didn't!

Now, I have a 'lake' across a road and the lots on both sides of the street are unuseable. AND to make it worse, the hood keeps locking up now.

I placed the lot again, and with some terrain paint I removed the water feature. Wish I had done that instead of putting the lot back in the bin.

I know there is a cheat to change terrain type-this MIGHT work-but I'm having trouble finding it.

Any ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 5:18 PM
Use the bulldozer.....
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 6:04 PM
Set "boolprop lotWater false" to remove ponds from lots
or "boolprop displayNeighborhoodWater false" toremove water from the hood
I usally just raise the groundlevel and unwanted water runs off into nowhere :D
-le
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 8:48 PM
Thanks.

The dozer won't go onto the lot--the lots are totally disabled.

I can't get onto the lot to level it.

The hood has a river through it (one of the maxis terrains ) I'll try these cheats--but since I can't get onto the lot the lotWater won't work and since there is a river that will 'go away' with the hoodWater, I don't think these are the answer.

Is there anyway to use a terrain 'paint' in the hood view?