Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2014 at 8:00 AM
Default How to make the make up layer over skin overlays
To make your lipstick or eyeshadows etc. layer over skin overlays, instead of staying under it and become overlayed you need to edit casp in s4pe.
This way it is layered over skin overlays, but it will stay under face paint.

Open your package in S4Pe
1.Select Casp
2.press Grid
3.Change Composition Method to 0x00
4.Commit and Save.

Do this for all CASP resources found in the file.

Screenshots
5 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:17 AM
Unfortunately when I use this method for my lipsticks, when I try to use them in CAS it crashes my game. Any ideas?

~ Turn my world. Precious thing. ~

~ Some even call me mad.
And why? Because I dared to dream of my own race of atomic monsters,
atomic supermen with octagonal shaped bodies that suck blood.... ~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:15 PM
I never had that problem. Can you send me a package which causes crashing?
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 10:09 AM
I've attached one of the .package files that crashes my game.
I was wondering if it might have something to do with the fact I used Sims 4 Studio to make the .package in the first place? Not sure. All the files seem pretty normal, and changing the Composition Method was the only thing I did differently.
It doesn't crash my game instantly, only when I find it in CAS and try to use it...
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MYOBI-ices-lip.zip (17.5 KB, 57 downloads) - View custom content

~ Some even call me mad.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 5:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Screaming Mustard
I've attached one of the .package files that crashes my game.
I was wondering if it might have something to do with the fact I used Sims 4 Studio to make the .package in the first place? Not sure. All the files seem pretty normal, and changing the Composition Method was the only thing I did differently.
It doesn't crash my game instantly, only when I find it in CAS and try to use it...

In the CASP resources there is an entry just above composition method, "ShadowKey" , it can be seen in the screenshot in the first post. It's value should be 0x00 but in your package it's 0x04 for every CASP resource.
ShadowKey: 0x04 > must be > ShadowKey: 0x00 for every CASP in your package.
If you haven't changed anything else except composition method then something gone wrong while cloning, or it may be a copy paste mistake.

I changed the shadow key value and attaching the file that works in my computer to see if it works for you too. If it doesn't there may be another problem.
Btw, in the package there is a specular resource (RLES) but CASP doesn't use it, so your lipstick doesn't have shine. Is this something you did deliberately? If not, S4Studio or S4PE may have a bug that changes some values.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MYOBI-ices-lip_Shadowkey00.rar (17.3 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 11:10 PM
Thanks for taking a look at it. I'm thinking maybe there is something wrong with my S4PE. I've included a screenshot of the package I sent you, but when I have a look at the ShadowKey in CASP it is already at 0x00, not 0x04.
As for the specular, S4Studio doesn't seem to have any option for that resource. In fact, in another lipstick I cloned there was no specular even included in the .package when I opened it. S4Studio is still buggy, so it could be that it only clones the specular from certain files and not all?
I'll download your amended file now and see if it plays well in my game.
Screenshots

~ Some even call me mad.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 11:27 PM
Which version of s4pe do you have there?

If it looks like that in 0.3a, try with the CASPart wrapper from here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=541447 (the current version should be fine though).

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Which version of s4pe do you have there?

If it looks like that in 0.3a, try with the CASPart wrapper from here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=541447 (the current version should be fine though).

I don't know what those three files did, but they worked! The ShadowKey is now showing correcly. Thank you so much!
I have another question though, which I wonder if you know the answer to...
What other Competition Method values can there be? If 0x00 is for makeup to show on top of the skin, what about for makeup to show over face paint/face details?
Just wondering if you or anyone else have any ideas.

~ Some even call me mad.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 4:16 AM
It shows up over face details (skin overlays are usually found in face details category so i just wrote "skin overlays", maybe that was a bad decision), but for face paint, even if you change the composition method of the face paint, it still overlays the makeup, but face paint gets under the skin overlay/face detail, i haven't tried too much since i'm a little busy but i may look into this in the future.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 7th Jun 2015 at 12:52 AM
Hi! I have a new problem regarding composition method that popped up this week.
I have a package that I created via S4S, when I open it with S4PE the composition method is set to 0x00, however in game it stays under everything and is overlayed by the custom skins.
I'll attach the package, as I am stumped. Has there been an update that changed anything recently? All of my other packages still work like normal?
Attached files:
File Type: rar  MYOBI-eve-lips.rar (5.8 KB, 9 downloads) - View custom content

~ Some even call me mad.
Scholar
#11 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:53 PM
Just an update to this thread, as per Plasticbox's request; this tutorial is half-correct; turns out the composition method seems to act more like a shader than a sort order, and can mess up the properties of 3D accessories (eyelashes, for example).

The entry titled "sort layer" is what gives the game the order in which to arrange the textures - that seems to be purely what it does. I've not figured out the actual numbering system for it, but there seems to be one there. 0x000029CC (copied from boots) composites below 0x00003E80 (copied from a full body outfit). I suppose each type of item has its own number for its own texture layer, but one would have to look at a lot of different items to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Test Subject
#12 Old 29th Aug 2015 at 8:42 AM
I'm having troubles with my body details cc. I accidentally didn't see that I was changing the body details into 0x00 and it causes an effect as if my sim's face has been painted with white paint. Please help, and I think it has to do with the 0x00. I wasn't suppose to change them, but would deleting and re-downloading the cc reset the composition method?