Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 6:46 PM
Default Is it just me or...?
Has anyone else ever noticed the closer you zoom into the icons above a sim's head (thought bubbles, memories, etc) how fairly low res they are? Granted, I've noticed this for years in my own game, but recently I've come to notice how somewhat distracting it is for me. Everything else is so crisp and clear, but they're just... blegh. And what's strange is that neither TS2 or TS4 have this problem, just 3. I know, I know. What's the big deal? But it's just what I've noticed, and I was mainly just curious if it was that way for everyone.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 7:59 PM
Yeah, I know a lot of people don't like any extra "fluff" getting in the way, especially for screenshots and such. The only ones I don't really like are the sleeping Zs. The only real reason I've ever noticed is because I zoom down fairly close to my sims so I can always see what they're doing. And when you get the memory one floating above their heads every half second because the dog pissed in the yard and will never forget it, it's hard not to notice.

Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:04 PM
This is exactly why I have them turned off. I want my game to have a decidely "HD" look; I'm playing in QHD resolution and I use various sharpeners and HQ mods. These horrible thought bubbles not only mess up screenshots, they also look terrible in regular gameplay.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 8:19 PM
Yeah, the only thing more distracting at this point to me is the claustrophobic UI layout. Why couldn't they make everything just flow together nicely like TS2?

Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:01 PM
I always turn them off. They ruin screenshots IMO and I take a lot of pics, a lot, did I say a lot? And I do not want to see them when playing.

I also turn off that IMO totally irritating highlight in 4. When I play 4, which is not often.
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:13 PM
Yeah I turn them off too, alongside anything else floating above their heads.
In Ts2 you kind of needed them there sometimes, but in Ts3 they just look garbage.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 9:24 PM
If they weren't so horrible to look at, I'd be fine with them. But as it stands, they're just rendered so awfully in game. Especially those pet icons that don't even match the rest of the game's visual style.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 1:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
I don't have them turned off, but I never pay attention to them. Now that you mentioned it, I'm going to be paying a lot of attention to them b/c of my OCD. Thanks a lot.

LOL. Well, if it makes you feel any better, I'm basically tortured everytime I play. I love TS3, but there are a lot of small things such as this and when I see them I can't stand it either.

Mad Poster
#10 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 2:45 AM
One of the small things that killed TS4 for me is the fact that Sims hold their smartphones upside down 90% of the time.....and also that the smartphones look more like bricks with screens glued to them. I can't think of anything quite that blatant in TS3.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:09 AM Last edited by Jathom95 : 23rd Jun 2018 at 3:27 AM.
Or how running water automatically turns on for everything in the house. Ugh. I can't really even play it now, too many small details missing that get to me. Like how everyone, even your friendly neighborhood slob, gets out of bed every morning and neatly makes their bed. And anyone with 5 points of cooking skill is prepared to join the circus. Because Weirder Simsâ„¢.

Field Researcher
#12 Old 23rd Jun 2018 at 9:39 AM
I like the thought bubbles... I create captions for my sims in my head while I play and it's really fun.