Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default my game won't start
i know this is probably against the rules on here for posting so many stuff but i need help bad

i never had this happen to me in my entire game play but i go into origin click on sims 2 and origin minimizes before it comes on and it did minimize but came back up acting as if i never pressed it and yes before you ask i took out the mods and put it in a backup folder didnt work, uninstalled didnt work it must be a bug if someone can help me i'll be real greatfull
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:10 AM
There is no rule against posting help threads when you need help. I would much rather see it here in the correct spot than down in chat.

Have you deleted the cache files?

Only uninstall if your install files are corrupted (difficult to do) or you are moving to a new computer. Uninstalling and reinstalling is not a cure-all and can cause other problems with leftover registry keys.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:47 PM Last edited by smorbie1 : 29th Jul 2018 at 8:59 PM.
There is a repair option on Origin if you right click the icon. That's what they tell me; I've never found it.

Instead of uninstall/reinstall, try removing all cc from your game. Just take the downloads folder out entirely. Do what Jo said, delete cache and groups. I would also delete thumbnails and let those regenerate.

If that doesn't work, remove your neighborhood, terrain, and lot bin from the folder and let it regenerate those files. That will save your progress. Then it's time for the old 50/50.

I hope you get your game working again. Fingers crossed. Let us know.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
There is a repair option on Origin if you right click the icon. That's what they tell me; I've never found it.
I take that to be for the Ultimate Collection.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 9:40 PM
I assumed that's what you have since you said you go to origin to log on.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 7:21 PM
thank you guys the cache thing worked but i need help on this too theres an error everytime i go to the dresser its not even the cc ones doing it and its only the dresser nothing else
Undead Molten Llama
#7 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 8:17 PM
That would be a mod conflict or a mod that you have that isn't updated for the EPs you have. Most likely, it's something having to do with clothing, more specifically mods that affect how or when a Sim changes clothes. I once had one that forced Sims to change into their everyday outfit after making their bed. It borked the dressers when I added Apartment Life to my game, and I didn't have to have it enough to track down the mod to see if it had been updated. So, try to track down mods that affect clothing and changing clothing and (temporarily) remove them, then see if your dressers will work correctly.

Also, glad the cache-clearing worked. You will likely have to do that regularly. It's caused by having a lot of CC in your game, makes the cache files too large for the game to read when it loads again, so it aborts the loading entirely. I have to do it every other time I load the game, or thereabouts.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
That would be a mod conflict or a mod that you have that isn't updated for the EPs you have. Most likely, it's something having to do with clothing, more specifically mods that affect how or when a Sim changes clothes. I once had one that forced Sims to change into their everyday outfit after making their bed. It borked the dressers when I added Apartment Life to my game, and I didn't have to have it enough to track down the mod to see if it had been updated. So, try to track down mods that affect clothing and changing clothing and (temporarily) remove them, then see if your dressers will work correctly.

Also, glad the cache-clearing worked. You will likely have to do that regularly. It's caused by having a lot of CC in your game, makes the cache files too large for the game to read when it loads again, so it aborts the loading entirely. I have to do it every other time I load the game, or thereabouts.
i tried taking the clothes out and it still didn't work and i never forced my sim to change their clothes, and i don't have a mod that deals with dressers just cc ones, and before you ask i took out all the mods it still didn't do anything.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 7:18 AM
Make a backup.
Pull all your CC.
Does the problem still exist?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~