Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:02 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 30th Jul 2018 at 12:22 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help changing defaults in Visitor Controller
I would like to tweak twojeffs VC in SimPE to allow the gypsy and the charlatan by default. I like them and they are part of my story. I tried a few hunches but they didn't work, though it seems like it shouldn't be that hard. Can anyone tell me what to change?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 12:40 AM Last edited by M.M.A.A. : 30th Jul 2018 at 12:57 AM.
It would be nice to allow all the annoying NPCs (Gypsy, Lady Crumple, UC, etc...), and not have any of them banned by default. It should be up to us to ban them. Glad to see someone is taking this upon themselves!

Good luck!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Jul 2018 at 1:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I would like to tweak twojeffs VC in SimPE to allow the gypsy and the charlatan by default. I like them and they are part of my story. I tried a few hunches but they didn't work, though it seems like it shouldn't be that hard. Can anyone tell me what to change?

The Charlatan may not be one of the annoying. I thought it was, but the info doesn't say it is. In any case, I'd like to turn off the defaults.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Nov 2018 at 12:58 PM
Hi OP, did you manage to work out how to change the settings at all? I'm trying to change what counts as a 'poor' or 'rich' sim at the moment and having no joy!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Nov 2018 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 27th Nov 2018 at 12:05 AM.
I messed with it for a while, but couldn't figure it out. I ended up just modding my menus, adding personality and hiding ones I don't use, to make it easier to find things when I change the defaults and other settings. If you've found something that might be a clue, I'm up for looking at it again.

All I've got for you is that I guess it must be in the BHAV Check Characteristic Flags starting around line 14, maybe? I'm mostly guessing but it looks to me like it's set as below or above 50k family funds? Seriously, just guessing, though. Someone else, hopefully, will come in here who really knows.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 6:18 AM
If you ever figure it out, I'd like it to allow the SS members at Uni to wear their uniforms as well.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 11:31 AM
What I'd most want is for it to leave toga party clothes alone. I wish TwoJeffs had made two versions of it - one that affects work/SS/toga party clothes and one that left all that stuff alone.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 12:26 PM
I've never played with SS uniforms or toga parties (not really into unis). Does it revert clothes to everyday or something? Even if you don't set anything in clothing?
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Nov 2018 at 6:42 PM
Yes. With the Visitor Controller installed, SS members will never be seen wearing their uniforms. Toga party guests in an unmodded game dress according to their personalities - some will arrive in everyday clothes, some in pajamas, and some in togas. The Visitor Controller nukes this and makes everybody wear everyday clothes.
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoxEllen1965
Yes. With the Visitor Controller installed, SS members will never be seen wearing their uniforms. Toga party guests in an unmodded game dress according to their personalities - some will arrive in everyday clothes, some in pajamas, and some in togas. The Visitor Controller nukes this and makes everybody wear everyday clothes.

I have the Visitor Controller in my Downloads folder, but I don't install it on every lot. Even if I don't have the Visitor Controller set up on a lot it disallows the Gypsy, and so I have to set it up specifically allow the Gypsy if I want her to do her Date thing. However if I throw a Toga Party the residents either wear Togas or Pajamas, but the Guests will arrive in casual, so yeah I would like it if it didn't do the thing with the SS members and the Toga Party. There does not seem to be a way to disable its behavior with the SS Member uniforms or the thing with the Togas either, I don't care about the default settings as much.

If someone does manage to make the desired changes to the Visitor Controller, Please please share with it with others.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 3:07 AM
I once attempted to strip out the functions that affect clothing, but ended up breaking the entire mod instead. I guess I did it wrong.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 11:26 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 30th Nov 2018 at 12:30 AM.
I'm willing to take a look again. Maybe if we all look at it, we can share info and figure it out. I'm going to start with the Gypsy, because I like her, but I'm intrigued by this clothing issue. First thing I'd like to know is does anyone know if there are other mods of VC or alternatives to it? I learn a lot by looking at alternatives and mods of mods. I have C&K's version now that adds the personality traits to it, and mine has the menu options I don't use hidden, but that's all I've seen.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 5:42 PM
I am far from an expert on which mods do exist, but don't know if there are anything like the VC - that probably would be known by most, though.

As for the clothes - I just like to know who the SS members are! It is a bit hard if they are all in normal everyday clothes all the time.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 29th Nov 2018 at 7:04 PM
I also have the "Personality Options" version by Crisps and Kerosene. That's the only alternate version of the Visitor Controller that I know of. I notice on her download page that C&K was asking if anybody would be interested in adding a feature that bans/allows by the sim's interests (yes, definitely!), but I haven't heard that she ever made a version with that feature.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Feb 2019 at 1:22 AM
OMG! All hail Midgethetree! This has finally, finally, finally been fixed.
http://midgethetree.tumblr.com/post...ws-toga-parties
https://simfileshare.net/download/852165/
Alchemist
#16 Old 20th Mar 2021 at 7:22 PM
@terula8, I would ask Midgethetree on tumblr (she's usually great about giving modding advice) and edit her version as it's more recent.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her