Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 4:11 AM Last edited by Peace : 5th Aug 2018 at 3:56 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default SOLVED!!! = Sims cant gain any life skill
My sims can not gain a life skill. (Parenting, Fire Prevention, Physiology, and Couple Counseling) I can leave them there all day long and nothing will be gained. I dont know what could be the problem.

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Advertisement
Undead Molten Llama
#2 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 5:01 PM
My first guess would be an issue with a mod. Either you've got one that's not updated for the EPs that added life skills or you've got two that are conflicting with each other. The quick way to find out is to make a backup of your neighborhoods and then remove all your downloads and test in a vanilla situation. If your Sims can gain life skill when there's no CC/mods present, then you know something in there is causing the problem. If not, then you've got a different problem. That would be your first diagnostic step. Most likely, it is a mod -- something that changes how the game works, not CC like a custom object mesh or clothing mesh or recolors and stuff like that -- causing the problem. So, add those back in one-by-one, optimally, until you find the one that breaks the life skills. Once you have it isolated, you can try changing load order to see if that makes it possible for your Sims to gain life skill. If not, then you'll have to abandon the mod or find where you downloaded it and check to see if it's been updated.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 3:40 AM Last edited by Peace : 4th Aug 2018 at 4:07 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Thanks Icad. Love your recolors btw!! lol

I found the file that was causing the problem, called "Reading Skills" by Simlogical

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr