Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 6:24 PM
Default What does everybody thinks of the music?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbPwiFaWJNM

I don't like it at all. Seems like a remixed version of the sims2 soundtrack. I miss the Sims 1 soundtrack, it was original and relaxing. The piano tune in the building mode was simply brilliant.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 7:13 PM
I like it, reminds me of ballet music.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 9:58 PM
I like the music.
They sound better than The Sims 2 music, more of an orchestra feel to it.

I could sit there and listen to the songs for hours.
Not to mention play to them. :P

Sims3King
Lots, photography, and machinima...
Coming soon

The star maker says, "It ain't so bad"
The dream maker's gonna make you mad;
The spaceman says, "Everybody look down!
Its all in your mind!"
#4 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 10:12 PM
Some of it sounds like Desperate Housewives music, which is probably because it's by the same guy, Steve Jablonsky. I rather like it...not wild about the songs that include Simlish...hopefully those are radio stations that I won't have to hear in buy/build/neighborhood.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 10:17 PM
It's better than the music from Sims 2, I never liked that music, it's so annoying and hard to concentrate off of.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:21 AM
im not feeling the simlish pop songs, but i certainly like the theme music. its very fun and light and much more orchestrated like sims3king said.
#7 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 9:20 AM
Yes, it's very nice ,, and light,, i can listen to it for many times.. like it better then the sims2 ,,maybe it's new to me.. let's see after the game comes out..
Field Researcher
#8 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:18 PM
I like it ! and if it's steve jablonsky who's doing it, it can only be good :D
Field Researcher
#9 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 1:27 PM
The theme clip sounds like something Italian - pizza parlor or something.
The next clip sounds something out of some sort of Tom and Jerry cartoon or other cartoon ... it's the xylophone - reminds me of some cartoon hijinks.
I LOVE the 3rd clip. It's so ... I don't know. The flute ... I LOVE it!!
Next 3 clips ... I like the beat.
I've always been a fan of rock.
This clip sounds like something out of an anime.
Gotta love pop.
The first jazzy one sounds like something Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire would dance to. Very flowy.
The next song sounds like something out of a Willy Wonka movie - in a good way.

Heh ... I could go on, but I won't. Generally speaking, I like it. It does have kind of a "multi-instrument" feel to it that TS2 doesn't have. TS2 is mainly a keyboard and a synthesizer, right?

*thumbs up*
Mad Poster
#10 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 2:35 PM
I like it, it sounds all light and happy and upbeat. Not as annoying as some of the S2 music... yet
Forum Resident
#11 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 2:38 PM
I don't know, I feel it kind of keeps up with the general light-hearted style of TS2's music.
#12 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 3:13 PM
I like the music. I also like TS2's music (yay Mark Mothersbaugh!) as well and I like the TS3 music preserves some of those themes and updates them. The music fits with the feel of the game -- it's large and expansive, just like the game is meant to be.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 3:27 PM
I like the music well enough- it's cute, cheerful, and airy. Exactly what a Sims game should be, so the music fits perfectly.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#14 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 4:06 PM
I also like TS2 music ... especially the ones that sound like they come from a dance club (the Techno). Great beat that. But this new music sounds good, too.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 4:12 PM
I like the new music. It's peppy. Upbeat and fun, too.
Test Subject
#16 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:48 PM
Ok, I really liked the music, not some of the simlish songs, but the theme music at the end of the clip. It made me think of a lot of movies and musicals from the 1940's and 50's, very light, airy, and upbeat. Way, way better than that horribly annoying music at the beginning of Free Time. I couldn't get the next expansion fast enough just to be free of it forever.

I do miss the piano music from the Sims, though. It really was relaxing.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 8:54 PM
I like it. :]

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
#18 Old 28th Jan 2009 at 9:02 PM
Definitely better than Sims 2's awful music. Closer to Sims 1 music but more upbeat, so it doesn't put me to sleep. I like it.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 29th Jan 2009 at 6:43 PM
I liked it, I think it sounded on par with all the other Sims music over the years. I personally love pop music in Simmlish.

My sims gaming journal. Not very informative.
http://marjchaos.tripod.com/
#20 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 4:58 PM
I annoys the crap out of me, sorry. >_<
#21 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrettyLady

I don't like it at all. Seems like a remixed version of the sims2 soundtrack. I miss the Sims 1 soundtrack, it was original and relaxing. The piano tune in the building mode was simply brilliant.

Oh i loved build mode music in Sims 1 ! It was actually in Sims 2 as "shopping music" ha ha I used to have my sims listen to it on their radios at home.

The new music seems ok once I start playing the game I'll figure out if I really like it our not.
#22 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 6:26 AM
It has a very Sims feel to it, but I can see it wearing at me after awhile, like Sims2 did. I finally just turned off all music because it annoyed the shit out of me. Its cute and catchy for now, but I can't picture listening to it all the time.
Theorist
#23 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 7:21 AM
The first part sounded pretty decent, but what I heard later would grate my nerves after 30 seconds flat and I'd just turn it off. Actually, that's why I didn't listen to the whole thing on YouTube.
Scholar
#24 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 10:24 AM
I don't know what people have against the music in TS2; I've always liked it.

The TS3 sound clips have a different feel to them altogether. Not bad, just something I'll have to get used to. I'm not crazy about some of the simlish songs, though. I'm really going to miss the TS2 radio stations (especially New Wave- love the sound of 80's music).

♦ Animal Lover, Eco Friendly, Loner, Perfectionist, Vegetarian ♦

Sensitivity is strength.
Instructor
#25 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 11:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PrettyLady

Don't like it much but I always turn off the sound when I'm in build or buy mode anyway so... =P
Page 1 of 2