Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:18 PM
Default weather (seasons) comes with the sims 3?
i also heard something about business coming with the sims 3 too.
Advertisement
#2 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:20 PM
No. Not a chance.
#3 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:33 PM
I read in wiki that weather would be in TS3 but alas, they were wrong.
#4 Old 26th Jan 2009 at 11:58 PM
Weather isn't but you can own a business. But it's not like Open for Business...it's a lot more simple, and less involving.
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 12:08 AM
aww i want it to be like ofb, well i guess i will just have to see if i like it.
#6 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 2:05 AM
The first reports on the game mentioned the Sims getting negative moodlets after walking home in the rain, but since then it seems to have dropped out. There apparently will be wind, however.

You can own a stake in businesses.
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 2:23 AM
whats a stake in business
Field Researcher
#8 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 3:39 AM
There will be a wind in the game ... a slight breeze will appear to move the leaves of trees and bushes.
#9 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 5:20 AM
Ooooh a breeze. Can my sims get blown over? Will their hats blow off their head? Will their hair even ruffle?

But still.. wind is better than nothing at all.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 1:38 PM
Trees and shrubs will be animated quasi wind blows in them. So I don't think there will be actual wind in game.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 27th Jan 2009 at 1:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kusama
Trees and shrubs will be animated quasi wind blows in them. So I don't think there will be actual wind in game.

You're probably right.
Field Researcher
#12 Old 4th Feb 2009 at 6:40 PM
No weather in Sims 3 base game - possibility of it being included in a Sims 3 expansion pack is quite high it seems.

There's sort of a business option, in that each of the career tracks has a community lot building associated with it, which you can't go into, but your Sims will go to it to work. On the building options Sims can invest money to become a partner (don't ask me how it affects their career prospects as I didn't get the chance to try out that aspect of it). Partners can manage and hire and fire staff so that aspect is *like* O4B, but there's no actual building to go into and buy and sell stuff or arrange the furniture.

www.parsimonious.org
Artists - Get your own Studio! Always be featured!
#13 Old 10th Feb 2009 at 9:24 PM
I think they should have just given us weather in the base game. But since it's not going to happen, they should at least include it with the first EP. I hated how they promised weather in TS2, but said they couldn't get it to work, so they didn't include it until Seasons, which was a couple years later.
#14 Old 23rd Feb 2009 at 9:44 AM
I hope Sims 3 expansion pack with weather will be released next after the original game.