Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 11:42 AM
The Sims 3: June 2, 2009 (OFFICIAL WORLDWIDE Release date)
Sims 3 Release Date: December 15th, 2009

Here is the release date for The Sims 3, you can found it here: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?p...t=3&cId=3168651

EDIT: The Sims 3 in Stores February 20, 2009 ! It's an official announcement (here)

Quote: Originally posted by treeag
I posted this on the other thread but no idea which thread will be the main one so I'm posting it here too.

The official press release is here

Seems a bit too early though, don't you think?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 11:55 AM
Now that date makes more sense than the one advertised until now. Which also means that the rumours I've heard for another EP after AL might actually be true. And I wouldn't be surprised if they will fianlly realease it in Spring 2010. So many people have complained about the removal of the needs bars and single neighbourhood, and unified time, maybe they're taking time to fix those.
Theorist
#3 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 12:41 PM
Quote:
...expect the town to expand and grow over time, both from users' custom content and from the team itself. Says Humble, "A lot of those locations, and also the scope of the world, are designed to be able to go deeper and expand over time. As we work through this year, we may change some of the locations' functionality, whether you can go in and walk about. [And] then we've got our expansion packs going forward. Actually getting a freaking world done on day one is going to be hard enough. We'll see what we can do with that...

Two big things in that paragraph... *From the article above*

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 12:48 PM
Well its later than I expected just in time for Christmas.
Personality the games production is still rushed. You probably would like them to spend 8 years fine tuning this than 4 years.

Strange time to release it though, in the Middle of the Xmas buying season.
Theorist
#5 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 12:53 PM
Strange? Why?
Movies always are released on DVD at peak Xmas times, EA is just increasing the cash cow, thats all

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 12:59 PM
Its quite funny some years ago some people expected the Sims3 in as early as Fall 2008, yet this shows it won't be released until early 2010 in some countrys.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 2:24 PM
I hope it will be released later because I want more 2 TS2 EPs !
Test Subject
#8 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:28 PM
at first i was ok about the sims3 releasing next year cuz i was thinking the probbably mean around february or spring but but now i'm totally P,Oed i do not feel like waiting for the END of NEXT year cuz thats just bull

DANG YOU EA AND/OR MAXIS
Theorist
#9 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:36 PM
hhack: But Surely, Giving them more time will make it a BETTER game? Why release a game thats buggy, has bad features and is generally un-developed?
Its more sense to give them more time to listen to our wining and let them tweak and tweak things to make them better, let them test more and destroy errors than rushing them and make it bad or worse than TS2.

But besides, Who has officially said its the end of TS2 at the end of this year? NO-ONE. I'm guessing more SPs and definitely more CC breakthroughs.

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
#10 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 3:39 PM
It comes out on my birthday next year! :D
Alchemist
#11 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:03 PM
That article is making me want TS3 more and more.
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#12 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PETCHY14
hhack: But Surely, Giving them more time will make it a BETTER game? Why release a game thats buggy, has bad features and is generally un-developed?
Its more sense to give them more time to listen to our wining and let them tweak and tweak things to make them better, let them test more and destroy errors than rushing them and make it bad or worse than TS2.

But besides, Who has officially said its the end of TS2 at the end of this year? NO-ONE. I'm guessing more SPs and definitely more CC breakthroughs.

Sure, I'm sharing your point of view !
Theorist
#13 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 4:58 PM
Thanks! I think optimistic about Games in general :p

Quote:
In The Sims 3, you'll now be able to use a slider to adjust your Sims' body weight over a much broader spectrum, from relatively obese to skeletally thin and everywhere in between. You'll also be able to use a separate slider to adjust musculature -- separate from body weight -- allowing for a huge amount of variation: fat dude with spaghetti arms, skinny dude with big guns -- basically, any body type you can think of. And that body type won't remain static depending..

- That parts new!

♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:30 PM
I thought it was coming in spring 2009. Shows what I know :P.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Test Subject
#15 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 5:49 PM
Is that for sure? I was so excited about getting it next year...
Alchemist
#16 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 6:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maryc1
Is that for sure? I was so excited about getting it next year...

I only believe release dates when they show up on EA's website
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 6:17 PM
I knew we weren't getting TS3 early 2009! We probably won't get it till early 2010, I'm guessing spring 2010. It would be a great graduation and birthday gift for me.

In a way, I'm happy that it's being delayed. Like the others have stated, it gives developers more time to tweak and enhance the game. I'd hate to wait all this time to have a lackluster game.

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
#18 Old 14th Jul 2008 at 6:21 PM
I don't believe that date is correct. And all the other sites I've seen it for pre-order say it will be out in the first quarter of 2009. Like GameStop says 4/7/09 (and I don't think they've ever been wrong about a release date for any games I've seen) and Amazon says 1/1/09. Of course, I doubt that date is right since it's on a holiday and it doesn't follow the release date pattern. There's always a game released in March or April and then another in September or October. The April 9th release makes sense because it falls into that pattern but the December one doesn't.
Test Subject
#19 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 12:42 AM
No real date has been released and from what I understand it suppose to be released at the beginning of 2009 like in April. I wont believe it untill the real date is released on the website or in an interview or something.

[SIZE=3][COLOR=DarkOrchid]*flip flops..belly tops..lemonade under the shade..blue skies..hot guys..late nights..water fights..ice cream..sweet dreams..party time..looking fine..sleeping in..sneaking out..thats what us girls are all about!*[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Test Subject
#20 Old 15th Jul 2008 at 1:50 AM
I not saying its a bad thing they're delaying although i really agree with aurora and shorrtyboo. It's just when i'm anticipating a game i'm already real impatient thats why i joined these forms. and when some one says something like this i get very fustrated and anoyed but those 2 brought me back to my sences about this thread i really think this is the wrong date and i really don't know what to do during the wait other than playing my free MMOs
#21 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 1:42 AM
Awww.. we will only have 3 years to play with the game before December, 2012 v.v
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 18th Jul 2008 at 9:37 AM
I certainly agree its very Annoying when ppl make threads like this just because 3rd Party Sites think so, and expecting they are now Heroes in the Sims2 Community, just because they read it first.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Aurora_ae_c_a_l
I wont believe it untill the real date is released on the website or in an interview or something.

I totally agree with you their.

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Alchemist
#24 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 5:44 PM
Whenever I hear news that something I want isn't going to be available for a long time, I can't help but worry that I might die before I get a chance to get it! I guess I'm just morbid. But I'd much rather it come out sooner.
#25 Old 28th Jul 2008 at 11:15 PM
I'm relieved! I hope they fix the needs bars, single neighborhood, unified time, and make them at least look as good if not BETTER than they do in TS2, because if they came out with it at this moment, I would not bother wasting my money. Hopefully, since they have all this time it will be a worthwhile game.
Page 1 of 3