Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:28 AM
Default 6 life stages/CAS
Okay, so I watched a ts3 video on youtube. The introduction of CAS. Totally crazy. And I noticed a few things.
My biggest thing and main reason I'm here. 6 life stages?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK4w...feature=related
32 seconds into the video freeze it and look. There are 6 stages of life. what do you think that are. What do you think the new one is? Maybe making YA without going to some college town =D
Also from what I can tell all custom content (cloths wise) is in a separate section then the normal stuff. Unlike how ts2 has custom and normal blended.
What do you guys think?

Also random elder sim cursing and flipping the bird at the end is great! XD

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:32 AM
Yes, It has been said before that they have added an extra "young adult" stage (or splitting "adult" into two) and this YA is now the default age for sims. Older adults have been said to have face lines and lighter hairs (latter as an option IIRC)

About the Custom things seperate? MINT! it buggs me how I have to troll through CC to get to a new EPs cloths etc. this seems promicing!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:36 AM
OMG I totally LOLed when the lady started cussing

I'm seeing a lot of awesome Maxis clothes. They actually look really cute off the bat this time.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 12:58 AM
fer srsly
I can NOT wait to start playing this. I'm totally unsure if my computer will run it or not though.
Anyway! I luff the old lady, split up custom content, and non college YA.
CAS seem so detailed this time around.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.
My exchange page (50+ creations)
#5 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 2:52 AM
Yes I'm glad their bringing back the sign from bustin out.That's the shoot birdy.That will make arguments more realistic.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Feb 2009 at 5:05 AM
Actually, there are technically seven.

infant, toddler, kid, teen, young adult, adult, and elder.

However, you can't create an infant in CAS.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 2:26 AM
I thought that there were already six life stages... the only one that they added (unless you have Sims 2 University), is young adult.

I'm uber confuzzled right now...

"A little consideration -- a little thought for others -- makes all the difference."
- Eeyore

Animal Lover | Family Oriented | Loner | Socially Awkward | Unstable
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by exxotic92
I thought that there were already six life stages... the only one that they added (unless you have Sims 2 University), is young adult.

I'm uber confuzzled right now...

This thread is talking about The Sims 3, hence why this thread is under "Wild Speculation", under The Sims 3 Section.
Test Subject
#9 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Simmer
This thread is talking about The Sims 3, hence why this thread is under "Wild Speculation", under The Sims 3 Section.

Uh, yeah, I know that. What I was trying to say was, what's the difference? Since there's already six life stages in the Sims 2, what makes the Sims 3 so different? There, I hope I made more sense this time around...

"A little consideration -- a little thought for others -- makes all the difference."
- Eeyore

Lab Assistant
#10 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by exxotic92
what's the difference? Since there's already six life stages in the Sims 2, what makes the Sims 3 so different?

Young adult is now the default age, and comes with the base game. Where as in The Sims 2, it wasn't the default age. The default age was adult and young adult came in the University expansion. Understand now?
Test Subject
#11 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim Simmer
Young adult is now the default age, and comes with the base game. Where as in The Sims 2, it wasn't the default age. The default age was adult and young adult came in the University expansion. Understand now?

Oh! Okay! Yes, I understand now, thank you.

- Eeyore

Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 8:43 PM
From what I read on wikipedia, i said that young adult stage is available. Basicly all what we have right now, except there is also YA.

I am actually kinda interested to play it now >_>

EDIT: Watched it again....Holy shiz!bicycles!