Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 9:43 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Generations, Pets
Default Only Normal Speed Works -- Why?
Well besicly on the game I when I click on any of the speed changers, including skip to end of interaction button, all I get is normal speed. My Sim went to bed and I had to just wait abut 5 mins untill he woke up as even though Iwas on ultra speed it was just like it was on normal.

Its really annoying as I like most people Idont want to wait 10 minutes while my Sim sleeps or is at work.

Also ALL of the game settings are on either LOW or MEDIUM (Sim detail) and the screen res is set correctly (1280 1024), the game isstill SOOOO SLOWWW.

Any help would be usefull.

Sinniti

Life is a curious game..
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:01 AM
Thats a new one, I do know that there are instances where the Sim is just standing around that pressing either of the speed buttons disables the time manipulation. Only when the Sim is active will the time speed multiplier actually work in my case. Is your free will set all the way to the right in the options screen?
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:07 AM
Can you please post your system specs? There is some suspicion that this may be due to having a low powered system that is either under or just barely meets the system requirements, but we need more reports with full specs to be sure.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 9:17 PM
Thats no problem, here you go -

==System==

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: PACKARD BELL BV
System Model: IMEDIA MC 2469
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page file: 560MB used, 1895MB avaliable
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

==Display==

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Approx. Total Memory: 512.0MB
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0011.8585 (English)

==Sound==

Name: Realtek HD Audio output

Thank you for your help.

Life is a curious game..
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sinniti
Thats no problem, here you go -

==System==

Operating System: Microsoft Windows Professional (5.1, Build 2600)
System Manufacturer: PACKARD BELL BV
System Model: IMEDIA MC 2469
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 1022MB RAM
Page file: 560MB used, 1895MB avaliable
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

==Display==

Name: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip Type: GeForce 7300 SE/7200 GS
Approx. Total Memory: 512.0MB
Main Driver: nv4_disp.dll
Version: 6.14.0011.8585 (English)

==Sound==

Name: Realtek HD Audio output

Thank you for your help.

Im sorry to bump but I posted this more than two weeks ago. I dont mind if no one can help just I keep cpming back every day and the post is going back more and more pages, perhaps people thought I wasnt coming back.

Thank you if you have any info, if not no problem.

Life is a curious game..
shiny!
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:17 PM
Your problem could very likely be due to the weakness of your system. While you technically meet bare minimum requirements, you don't come anywhere near recommendations. People report lag playing on much stronger systems.

Although what you're describing doesn't sound like lag. If I'm understanding properly, it sounds like a game glitch.. If you haven't already, I'd do a clean install with all new game and user files. Are you using retail game discs to play the game, and if not where did you download the game from?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM
Try installing the patch, this is one of the issues it's supposed to fix.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:12 PM
A pach already? Ill try that. Thank you.

I brought the game from TESCO lol. I hope its not a glitch....

To give my system a little boot, what should I upgrade or change? Like the most important thing I could change to make a difference.

Life is a curious game..
shiny!
retired moderator
#9 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:42 PM
Upgrading everything that needs to be addressed will cost a considerable amount of money. You need a new graphics card, power supply, and additional RAM. It is new enough that you could upgrade it and eventually transfer most parts over to a more modern machine but I'm afraid you're looking at about $150-$200 to get that computer up to speed, and that's assuming it's still working to its fullest potential.