Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 11:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Default ^_^;; How do I purchase a house as "unfurnished" ? ;
lol, silly question I know, o.O I couldnt find any info on this, and danged if I know! I try to move my sims into a house and if its furnished, I see no option whatsoever to purchase it unfurnished!!!

I'm blind and silly and ought to know this ^_^; but if someone can let me know what I'm missing i'd be super grateful!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 12:50 PM
Yeah, when you go to buy the house, you will see furnish and unfurnished options, click the bullet for unfurnished, by default unfurnished is already selected.

Lab Assistant
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 4:16 PM
I noticed that I had the option the first time I moved a family in. But after choosing Furnished on that occasion, I did not have the choice for other households.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2009 at 7:45 PM
It only asks your that furnished or unfurnished option the first time you buy a house in the game. There seems to be no way to get it back but you could try going to the option and then go to the game play tab and hit restore defaults and it might come up again.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Jun 2009 at 2:06 AM
Ah I see, I must have selected furnished the first time then , and thats why I havent seen it again.... Thanks everyone for your replies =) and thanks for the screenshot crazy ace! ^_^
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:07 AM
Wait a minute... This can't be right, I just moved in a Sim, moved them out and was able to move them back into a different house and I got the options... Now this was not on custom built homes, but EA default homes maybe that might have something to do with it?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:35 PM
Nope, mine were all EA homes, and I didn't get the option
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#8 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:01 PM
Silverdrake, if you have additional thoughts, please do not double post. Click on the edit button and add to your previous post.

When you enter the house in build mode, and you are on the lot, does that cost not show up? It should be on the top left of your screen.

Edit: To get the screen that is posted above, you have to first select a sim to move in.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:39 PM
I thought I *did* click Edit, sorry. Yes, I get that screen in build/buy mode. But I do not get a choice when I move a sim into an empty house, even the EA ones that came with the game.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#10 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 12:03 AM Last edited by Canoodle : 26th Jun 2009 at 2:50 AM.
That...is just odd. Do you have any new mods or CC? If so, you might want to remove them, patch the game and then play to see if you get the option(The patch link is wrong here. Just go to Sims3 site and click on Help)

Fake Edit: HP has posted a sticky with instructions for patching. Yay!

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 2:12 AM
*Edit* i just started the game and got a new patch download so i'll try it out now.