Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 2:34 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Need Help with Build Mode: Hide Grid and Lot Cost
My R key does NOT hide the grid lines in TS3 - it brings up the palette instead. Is there another key or a cheat code to hide the exterior grid (not the interior one)? I have tried all the letter keys and F keys.

I do not get an unfurnished option any longer, since I chose furnished the first time I moved a family into the neighborhood. Therefore, I don't know the unfurnished cost of a house without removing every fixture. Any idea how to get the cost without going through that process?
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:05 PM
In build/buy mode, select the terrain tool. That will get rid of grid lines. Make sure to hide the tool in the foundation or on floor tiles. In live mode, the grid is nuked automatically if you choose the C option.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
Thanks, Canoodle! I wanted to take pictures before moving a family in, and I couldn't get it to turn off.

I did find the house value furnished/unfurnished in live mode, when you go to Build or Buy. I'm not sure if it appears before you move in a family, but I'll check next time.