Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural
Default installing gamepatch for Sims3 gives error
I'm sorry guys if I put this in the wrong place (hesitating between Computer & Software Technical Support and Sims 3 Help)

My question is as follows: I tried to install the game patch for The Sims 3 - got a message saying there was a upgrade for the game .

During the install process I got the message: dfc-gorilla error. Invalid file found.

Does anyone has a clue what to do next? How to solve this? I already tried to redo the process again, but nope, no result, same fault message.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:35 PM
Ok, so I've updated my game with that patch...and now it crashes at the loading screen!
What am I gonna do now!?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:40 PM
Did you take the necessary precautions,like always, of removing your hacks? They will need updating.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 8:46 PM
I didn't know there was a relation between that, I just have the slider hack for example. Gonna try to fix it now, otherwise gonna reinstall..

Edit:
Ok, so I removed my custom content and the game works now..but does all the hacks need an update now that EA released a patch?
How stupid of me to just update the game without checking if it's absolutely necessary. Also...I have no idea how to delete that patch
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 9:26 PM
I believe, to delete a patch, you need to uninstall the game.

It's always prudent to remove hacks first. Then check with each creator to see if it needs updating or not. The only way to know is to visit the page/site of the modification to see if they have updated or if it even needs an update.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#6 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 9:30 PM
Ok thanks! Reinstalling now, hahaha. Never gonna make this mistake again for sure!