Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:36 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Game update alternatives
So I got tired of checking the forums for the right question to ask so I'll post it up here.

I do not want that EA Download Manger software at all on my machine, I had too much trouble with it back in my BF2 days, but when I want to update my Sims3 game, what other alternatives are there?
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:53 PM
You can always use Pescado's Awesomemod. It fixes most of the borkage. Maybe not all of the technical computer related issues..but it will fix the game play problems.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 10:55 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 25th Jun 2009 at 11:02 PM. Reason: removed hot link
Ah thanx, and I just found an alternative site/post posted just after I posted this help question

http://linna.modthesims.info/showth...stpost&t=350144
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:02 PM Last edited by Canoodle : 26th Jun 2009 at 12:26 AM.
Please do not hot link to sites.Please post the URL so folks can read and download for themselves. Posting a link to a file with no instructions is kinda frowned upon. I know you are trying to be helpful. And we appreciate that.

Fake Edit: HP has written and stickied a 'How to patch' post. Files are available there with instructions.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Jun 2009 at 11:30 PM
Ah Candoo...dle