Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 6:21 PM Last edited by orgolove : 26th Jun 2009 at 10:43 PM.
Default Cannot Share Lot!! Forever stuck at "Processing" once I hit the "share" button..
Hi there. So. I just spend three weeks completing the most awesome house available. It must have over a thousand components within. I completed the writeup with all the pictures, and hit the final "share" button in edit town mode.

Oh, before I go any further: I am playing The Sims 3, in Windows Vista 64bit, in a reasonably decent computer (2ghz centrino 2, geforce 9800m gts, 4gb ram).

Whenever I try to share my lot by hitting the "share" button in edit town mode, it never seems to complete. I tried waiting 1 hour, then 2 hours, then letting the computer sit overnight. But yet, the game is still hanging at the "processing" mode.

I just don't know what more I can do.

I'm playing at windowed mode, if that can make any difference. Should I delete the cache files and remake? I'm not using any mods or anything at all... just the latest patch. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

The only issue I think that may affect the house is the large size with many components within. But I didn't think that would affect the time any more than before... I uploaded a similar house previously, and that one processed fine. No, I'm more inclined to believe this is due to the new patch.. but I don't know.

I thank you in advance for your help.
Advertisement
The Attack Cat
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:23 AM
That used to happen to me but when i would save. That was when my comp didn't have the proper specs but it seems like yours is pretty good. Have you tried a different house to see if there was something in the house wrong?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 2:11 AM
It looks like it's something in the house. I started a new game and tried to export the landgraab house, and it worked fine.