Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3
Since the new patch, My Sims 3 towns are RED and BLACK!
I might aswell, just throw out my Sims 3 game.
Yesterday I was playing perfecly fine, Nothing bad. Everything was working fine (with a few things such as the 4th speed button not working etc, etc)

Now, I uploaded the Patch and this is what I see when I go to Riverview:

When I go to Sunset Valley It's Red.

Also when I create a sim, nothing loads. The outfits and eyes/face dont load and etc. etc.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:22 PM
All I can tell ya is to uninstall the patch. I installed the bonus content that I got from pre-ordering the CE, and it screwed up the way my game ran, so I hadda uninstall this bonus content. Sucked after all I went through to GET the content in the first place. Anyway, for me, I'm just going to try to accept the fact that any patches, content, etc. that EA makes available for download will screw up my game/ computer. Therefore, I will avoid it like the plague.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tinydancer80
All I can tell ya is to uninstall the patch. I installed the bonus content that I got from pre-ordering the CE, and it screwed up the way my game ran, so I hadda uninstall this bonus content. Sucked after all I went through to GET the content in the first place. Anyway, for me, I'm just going to try to accept the fact that any patches, content, etc. that EA makes available for download will screw up my game/ computer. Therefore, I will avoid it like the plague.

How do I uninstall the patch?
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 9:35 PM
To uninstall the patch, you'd have to reinstall the game.

However, this is more likely to be a hardware issue. Please post your system specs: Game Help:System Specswiki

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 10:08 PM
==System==

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium (6.0, Build 6000)
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite A205
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.50GHz
Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 1819MB used, 2471MB avaliable
DirectX Version: DirectX 10
==Display==

Name: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Approx. Total Memory: 358MB
Main Driver: igdumd32.dll
Version: 7.14.0010.1280 (English)
==Sound==

Name: Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)
shiny!
retired moderator
#6 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 11:19 PM
Your computer does not meet EA stated minimum requirements to play this game. You don't actually have a graphics card. You have an integrated chipset which is weaker and older than the weakest and oldest supported. Your RAM and CPU are also low than minimums (2.5GB RAM with and 1.8ghz C2D with IGP). Unfortunately, since you have a laptop there is no upgrading. You would need to purchase a new computer to play TS3. Sorry
Mad Poster
#7 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by multivolume
I might as well, just throw out my Sims 3 game.
Yesterday I was playing perfecly fine, Nothing bad. Everything was working fine (with a few things such as the 4th speed button not working etc, etc)

Just uninstall your game completely using the control panel-->add/delete programs (or whatever it's called) and then reinstall the game from scratch. Do not install this patch, just play the game like it was before.

You mention the 4th speed not working. It IS working!! When you've reinstalled move your mouse onto the 4th speed button and keep it there without clicking the mouse. Keep it there for 10 seconds, read the stuff that comes up, the description. 4 speed is the same speed as 3 speed! So if your 3 speed is much faster than 1 speed, you don't really have the speed problem regardless of whether you think that the game is generally going slower on all speeds than what you would prefer.

As concerns the graphics problem you got from the patch itself, I will say this: (What I state here is based on experience with other computer games, computer game patches, computers in general) If the graphics chip in your computer is not supported directly by the game (which was stated above) then the game might run fine or it might not run at all or it might run and weird graphics glitches will occur. This will be different from game to game and computer to computer. So I'm guessing (This is a best guess, I don't know anything for sure) that the patch has reprogrammed stuff in the game, the written code, and now your computer graphics chip has trashed out on the new stuff. Simple solution is to reinstall your game like it was originally.
shiny!
retired moderator
#8 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 3:16 PM
Please don't encourage people to play the game on computers that are this weak. It gives a false idea that there are no problems so long as everything runs. Even if this is related to the patch it is a very bad idea to play the game on that computer. Continuing to stress that computer by trying to do things it was not meant to do could lead to permanent physical damage of the hardware. In all likelihood this is just a coincidence and the graphics are already weakening.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by callistra
Continuing to stress that computer by trying to do things it was not meant to do could lead to permanent physical damage of the hardware. In all likelihood this is just a coincidence and the graphics are already weakening.

Excuse me?! It just doesn't work the way you describe here. And the computer here is not seriously under-spec as you describe, the graphics chip simply isn't supported, maybe. You wrote in your previous post:

Quote: Originally posted by callistra
Your RAM and CPU are also low than minimums (2.5GB RAM with and 1.8ghz C2D with IGP).

Whereas here are the minimum requirements taken from Wikipedia:

Operating System Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows Vista Service Pack 1
CPU Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent
2.0GHz (XP)
2.4GHz (Vista) [If built-in graphics chipsets then 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent.]
Memory 1 GB (XP)
1.5GB (Vista)[If built-in graphics then add 0.5 GB additional RAM]
Hard Drive Space 6.1GB or more for extra content
Graphics Hardware DirectX 9.0c compliant card with 128 MB RAM (NVIDIA FX 5900/ATI 9500 or better) and support for Pixel Shader 2.0
Sound Hardware 100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card

The Ram is 1.5 gigs with Vista not 2.5. If the computer has built in graphics then the minimum goes up to 2 gigs Ram which is what multivolume has. And this "built-in graphics" they mention a couple times: this might be an intel chip or a built-in GeForce chip or a built-in Radeon; I think there are still some others one can find in laptops too. EA only gives support directly for the GeForce and Radeon, which means they will not guarantee the game will work fine if you have something else.

That multivolume's processor is the 1.5 duo really doesn't matter, hard core gamers have known for years and years that games will run on processors that are under the so-called minimum processor spec. I don't even know why they put that spec on any computer games; what it should say is "Minimum recommended processor" and on the other stuff it says "Minimum requirement". My computer has the 1.6 Sempron, not a duo or anything else; just a 1.6. The game runs fine.
shiny!
retired moderator
#10 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 7:34 PM
You're wrong on many different levels. Trying to make a computer do what it was not designed to do can damage it. The OP's computer is significantly under specs. The OP has INTEGRATED graphics. They have IGP so weak and old that it is weaker than the weakest supported, which is the GMA-3 Series (X3100). Even IF the IGP was supported, which it is not, with INTEGRATED graphics it requires

Quote:
For computers using built-in graphics chipsets under Windows, the game requires at least:

* Intel Integrated Chipset, GMA 3-Series or above
* 2.6 GHz Pentium D CPU, or 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, or equivalent
* 0.5 GB additional RAM

Taken straight from the main site: http://www.thesims3.com/game/systemreq

Your Sempron doesn't come anywhere near meeting requirements either since it is weaker than a 2 or 2.4ghz P4. It's possible that the rest of your specs are allowing you to play the game ok, at least for a time. It's your choice to play the game, but I will ask that you not tell other forum members that it is consequence-free to play on an underpowered system. This is not the forum for a debate. Thank you for understanding.