Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:14 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Patch Stops D/L at 77%
So thats basically it. I've removed everything out of my game, mods and downloads I use my launcher to install the path and it gets to 77% stops and says "Invalid File Found" anybody know what the problem is or did I miss removing something?
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 9:39 AM
Did you add a mod that was a replacement file? For instance, the first no-censor mod for TS3 replaced a shaders file. And I believe Aikea Guinea's camera mod replaces the camera file (<- don't quote me on this, it's just the way TS2 camera mods worked). If you did overwrite one of the original game files with a modded file, you need to restore the game to its original state before patching.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:14 AM
Yeah I downloaded the a censor mod from MATY and it replaced a file, I thought deleting that file and starting the game would fix it but it borked my game somehow.. i just get a black screen then crash.

I tried finding the file it replaced but no luck.. I ended up reinstalling my game and everything works fine, not too big of a hassle just annoying (had houses I was planning on uploading here tomorrow ) . But thanks for the help Mangaroo. Hopefully the next patch wont be so bad
transmogrified
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:18 AM
Can I recommend that you use the no-mosaic mod at MTS instead? It's a package file that goes into the Mods folder, so it won't overwrite any game files.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 11:15 AM
I already plan on it.. I would have replaced the one from MATY when the one here on MTS came out but I didnt know how to get rid of the file replacing one and didnt want to chance borking my game... lol guess it ended up doing that anyway.. But thanks again Mangaroo.. just bummed that houses I was working on are lost.