Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 9:23 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Tombstones & ghosts
I was hoping this would be fixed with "University" but I've still got the problem. I did not install the second EA patch because it said something about being just for Asia ? to be able to see objects or something along those lines.

I did install the first patch and after that:

Grim reaper comes
Sim dies
No tombstone
No ghost

Was the second patch suppose to fix issues like this and just didn't SAY so in the description of the patch? Would it be worth my while to download the FULL patch thats on EA site now and just reinstall everything? I can't stand having no ghosts!!! Before installing University, that morning I uninstalled Sims 2 and reinstalled, applied the first patch and then did University when it came in. It installed FINE and all objects and such work fine. But still no tombstone or ghost.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Mar 2005 at 9:38 PM
I dont know about how the patches effect the game but I've never had ghosts from when I first installed the game! I get tombstones and the sound effects for ghosts, just no actual ghosts! I can't enable cinecam mode either and when I contacted EA they said it was because of corrupt files on installation. I tried two different sets of disks and it still dont work. I just live with it and play the parts of the game that do work. I'm not TOO bothered about the ghosts, they would be nice though. I'm hoping that the new expansion may sort the cinecam problem.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 7th Mar 2005 at 4:30 AM
I installed Pescado's Deathfix, which I think is designed to take care of the no inheritance issue. But, I haven't had any no tombtone deaths since then or anyone showing up on the neighborhood screen. Did you try that?

http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=32130

~Gigge
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 1:03 AM
There's a second patch just for Asia? Hmm...I've been having the same problems as you when it comes to sims dying with no tombstones or ghost. I believe I bought the asian EP. Where can I find this asian patch?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 8:01 PM
Are you signed up to the official sims2 website? That is where I got the patch from. This address: http://thesims2.ea.com/update/ should take you there. It's not listed as the asian update but it is. Even if you're not registered at EA I'd give it a go. I hope this helps.