Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 10:44 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets
Default Game ALT TABs By Itself
I wonder if anybody else has had this happen to them,for no apparent reason and at no particular series of circumstances,my game ALT TABs itself down to the taskbar.When I click on it the game restarts normally and runs happily for various random lengths of time before doing it again.
I,ve tried a clean install,checked video card drivers etc,but still no joy.Any ideas
would be much appreciated :confused:
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 10:48 PM
Do you have any background tasks, like anti-virus software running in the background? If so, close it. This might be what's causing the game to close to taskbar. Just remember to re-enabled the software when you're done playing.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 11:02 PM
Check the background programs, spyware, etc. Or run the game in window mode instead.
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Mar 2005 at 11:06 PM
Your computer may be adjusting your virtual memory also. You usually get a prompt when it does though. Also if you have a pop up blocker they can mess with games at odd times.
Test Subject
#5 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 1:18 PM
I had this happen once, and I found out that I had a cool web virus on my pc.