Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 3:58 PM
Default where did pleasentvilleorview go and how can i get it back.
Okay i was going through my genetics putting some stuff in seeing if it worked in the game then putting it in a folder on my desktop. Well i did all my blushes okay. then all the eyeliners fine. then the eyes. Took out the ones my game had problems with. . Then i started going through the eyeshadows. And my problems started. ( the only thing in my downloads folder is a few furniture sets my niece plays with when she is here. All her genetics i had on the desktop. So the only other stuff in my downloads folder were the few furniture sets the color enabler thing. Not the most recent the one before that. Have not needed to update it yet. ) Okay so i put about five eyeshadows in my downloads folder at a time. If there is a problem i take them out put them to the side. and do five more. a very tiring long time making progress. Well anyway. First question. Are eyeshadows known for messing up games. My game would load until the make a family screen then it would crash. I kept taking eyeshadows out and it didnt seem to help. Then after a crash i went into the gaem and pleasentview or ville the firsts neorborhood is missing. gone . I did a scan disk last night and went to bed. pleasentview is still missing. I backed up my ea games forlder a while back. First what do i need to use in my backup ea games folder to get my neorborhood back. And is there any way i can save my nieces familys while i do it. help despertly needed here. boy am i confused. sincerly asSIMilatedsimmer
Advertisement
Moderator of Aardvarks
#2 Old 25th Mar 2005 at 6:57 PM
Is this University? There IS a genetics issue in University we are still working on. Your information really helped, and you take great pains to avoid problems. I am sorry this has happened to you.
1. As always, try moving your entire \Downloads folder to your Desktop and restatting your game.
2. Make another backup of your Neighborhoods folder on your Desktop. Go into \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\ and delete NeighborhoodManager.package and restart the game. This game will create a new one and Pleasantview might reappear. If it does not, replace your backup Neighborhoods folder to it's original location.
3. You can restore your Pleasantview backup by finding the \Neighborhoods\N001 folder that you baked up ealier(prior to the problems). Copy that folder into \My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\
This will restore your backup Pleasantview.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 4:28 AM
i went in and put in a back up neorborhood file of neorborhood 1. Not the characters folder or the lot folder though. And now everything is working fine. Oh and i dont have university yet i want it . Just giving others time to fix the bugs in it . thanks for the help though. didnt know i could just delete the neorborhood manager. learn something new every day.