Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2005 at 11:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Backing up sims in Family Bin?
I'm going to un-install & re-install my game - and I have some Sims in the Family Bin that I want to save... both in the regular neighborhood and in Uni.

How can I do this?
Advertisement
#2 Old 27th Mar 2005 at 1:31 AM
Move the family to an empty lot. Save the game, head back to the neighborhood and select the lot. Click the "pack lot" button above "see family and friends" (note that my game's in portuguese so my translation may not be exact, but it's enough for you to know what I'm talking about) and then select "pack in a file" (the second option). A Sims2Pack file with the lot (and any hacks you may have activated in your game...be careful with those that aren't EP-ready...you should probably use the Clean Installer...just a tip) will be saved in:

.../My Documents/EA GAMES/The Sims 2/PackagedLots

Then all you have to do is to move that file to any backup folder and then install it (better use Clean Installer...) after you reinstall the game. This takes a lot of time but it's basically the only way...