Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 6:21 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default Need help to create a special window
Hello, firts of all I apologize if I'm not clear sometimes, english is not my mother tongue.

So, I'm looking for a very specific objet, wich is a full wall sized window (1 normal stair, 1 or 2 or 3 tiles), and now comes the weird part... in fact, I need to apply textures (which I know how to do) on a surface entirely plane with a possible transparency, that is visible from every mode (escpecially town mode, in fact). I know it may seem weird, but the thing is i can't create objects, for me just learning to do it would be too long and I admit that I don't have the courage or any patience for that (my think is that creation was made way too complicated, ofc I'm not critizing people who allowed us to express our imagination, but sadly some people can't). I don't know if I made my point... here is an example : http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wV5JMD1OI..._2839544763.jpg
See, this clock is entirely plane except for the frame (which is the thing I don't want) and at my think, the creator used a texture to make it look like this. So just a hole covering entirely the wall, 1 or 2 or 3 tiles, and a flat transparent mesh (I don't really know the therms) which allow us to apply any texture. With no reflection or any glass. It would be just a hole without a texture.
I hope you understood me, and well, I searched everywhere but no way to find such a thing, and I'm kind of uncomfortable with the idea of altering people's work for personal use without their agreement. So I wondered if maybe someone would be kind enough to help me with this, to create a simple object that I could alter easily (just the textures with s3pe) for personal use
Thanks for reading me, and sorry if I posted in the wrong section or if I wasn't clear. Or if what I'm asking is totally absurde XD
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 3:51 PM
I don't know if this one would help or not: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ght/id/1057611/

I have never used it, but it might be CASTable.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2016 at 7:57 PM
Thanks for responding!
Sadly it is CASTable but it doesn't change anything to the visibility, and there's the glass :/