Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 5:05 PM Last edited by Anthonyl17 : 10th Jun 2017 at 3:33 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Snow Texture Overlay on Road Tearing/Flickering
Hi, get ready for some ~Sims Woes~ because this is just a small price to pay for such a ~fabulous~ game!

UPDATE: After looking a little more closely at the problem, it appears as though the snow texture overlay for the on-lot road is the problem. Not sure how exactly to fix something like this (either with SimPE or by some other means.)

Original Post:
I just re-downloaded the Ultimate Collection about a week ago, and I've discovered that when it snows lightly on the ground, the road does this odd texture tearing/flickering. This is NOT the same thing as the UC flickering glitch, as I have Graphic Rules Maker and that has already been corrected. This odd texture tearing only occurs on the piece of road which is on the lot, and ONLY when it is light snow on the ground. Initially, I thought it was caused by Voeille's No More Blurriness snow, but actually there is no change with or without it in the game.

I've already repaired the game using Origin, no change. I uninstalled and reinstalled the game, no change either. Making changes in my Intel Graphics panel did nothing either.

Please advise. Thanks.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 5:35 PM
Does this happen on all lots, or just one specific lot?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 5:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Does this happen on all lots, or just one specific lot?

I have tested it on about 4-5 lots, in seperate neighbourhoods, but all in a main hood. Have not tried University or Downtown, but I very much doubt that it's any different.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Jun 2017 at 6:24 PM
Do you have any custom graphics settings for Sims 2 in your graphics card control panel? For example, GEForce experience, or such like.

Check it out and try setting all options to application contolled.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2017 at 2:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do you have any custom graphics settings for Sims 2 in your graphics card control panel? For example, GEForce experience, or such like.

Check it out and try setting all options to application contolled.

So I actually took everything out of my game, uninstalled, cleaned up everything and reinstalled. Same issue. So i'll poke around the Integrated Graphics stuff for a while and see what changes.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 1:50 PM
I just found this thread, so sorry for reviving it. I have the same problem, which is why I've turned off winter in my game, which sucks though. Does anyone else share the struggle or found a way to possibly fix this?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 11th Oct 2017 at 11:23 PM
You don't ever need to uninstall and reinstall the UC. If you have tried everything and some problem is still there go into Origin, right click the game and select fix.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#8 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:13 PM
I'm very sorry for bumping this thread, but I found an answer to this problem. I messed around with the Graphics Rules.sgr file and found out the shaders were causing the problem. You just have to find all instances of "boolprop useShaders true" and set it to false. You can do this in-game as well.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:57 PM
You're going to lose your bump maps, though.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:06 PM
Yeah, it seems that the problem is some sort of reaction between the snow overlay and in-game shaders (somehow only during the day). I tried using the cheat, and I've noticed my game lagging a lot more and I'd hate not having bumpmaps entirely anymore.

Isn't there a way to stop snow from 'reacting' or 'tieing' to the shaders? The "off-grid neighborhood snow" does not flicker and it uses a different texture, it seems. I'm not an expert or anything, but maybe someone else knows whether you could potentially mod the snow to not use bumpmapping/shaders so that you don't have to turn them off entirely?