Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Aug 2017 at 10:35 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default How to make game remember that you set front lot?
In one of my houses the sims always enter through the back door because the default front lot is on the right side. Even though I have a properly set front door, my sims need to use the back door, like it's the best thing in the world and no obstacle can stop them. I tried to set front lot to be on the bottom side(with testingcheatsenabled) and it worked, until I restarted the game.
Then the sims started to walk thought the back door again. I thought the testingcheatenabled cheat would make the change of front side lot stick, but it doesn't? So am I having a glitch that the change doesn't stick or am I supposed to use the cheat every time I start up?
Changing the lot in edit town is not possible as it's a lot that can only be placed that close to the road in CAW.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 11:49 AM
It is not clear what steps, other than testingcheatsenabled, you did to set the door. See if the Instructions for Setting The Front Door help. Scroll down to How Do I Set The Front Door For A Lot?.

A few other things you could try:
Use Master Controller to reset the lot.
Replace the door
Try putting the lot somewhere else. There is always the possibility that the lot is too close to the road in the current world build.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#3 Old 9th Aug 2017 at 11:59 AM
Other users say that they have the front of the lot stick after using the cheat, but in my experience I see the same, namely that the cheat only persists until you reload the game. I once had a square house with a door at each side and the house was in the very middle of a 64x64 lot with roads on three sides of the lot, and despite setting the front door, they always used the one on the side. The mailman came from that side, too, as did the car pool. Changing the front of the lot fixed it, but only for the duration of the play session. Once I reloaded, the "front" of the lot was again at the side.