Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 9:47 PM
Default What world do you often play in?
Sunset Valley.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:12 PM
I dont have any store worlds (and for some reason Riverview doesn't work and I stopped bothering), so my list for EP worlds is:
1. Appaloosa Plains
2. Moonlight Falls (for saves in which I don't mind supernatural stuff)
3. Bridgeport (very unique)
4. Twinbrook (I like it)
5. Starlight Shores (meh)
6. Sunset Valley (idk why people love it, it bores me to death)
7. Isla Paradiso (looks awesome, but unplayable for me)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 13th Jun 2018 at 12:10 AM.
Assuming we're sticking strictly to EA worlds, I play around with several of them quite often. But if I had to pick one that I like playing with a lot, Lucky Palms. For an EA world it's pretty well done and has a nice layout imo. The store team really did a great job with LP.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 12th Jun 2018 at 11:06 PM
Probably Appaloosa Plains or Moonlight Falls.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:03 AM
Bridgeport. It's been my main, go-to world for 6-7 years. I don't even like it as much as a world, but it's kept me coming back again and again and again.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Bridgeport. It's been my main, go-to world for 6-7 years. I don't even like it as much as a world, but it's kept me coming back again and again and again.

Gee, I never would've guessed...

Field Researcher
#7 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:00 AM
My favorites are lucky palms, twinbrook, and rflong's legacy island . Legacy Island is quite demanding on my system though.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 1:53 AM
it depends a bit on what kind of story I'm trying to create or just what atmosphere I'm in the mood for.

riverview is one I always come back to. there's a particular house across from the school that I love. ugly as heck but I like the layout and the location and I like breaking up my gameplay sometimes to do some redecorating so it works out.

bridgeport gets used when I need a city feel. lots of places for my moonlighting sims to make money but not a great place for playing families.

moonlight falls will always be one of my favorites because it's based on the pacific northwest where I've lived my entire life. also has some actually well decorated houses and plenty of space to add lots. kinda hate the llamas though they're an inconvenient way to travel so I usually try and remove them.

I also like lucky palms. it was my go to world for a while and even though I haven't really played it recently (been too obsessed with that house in riverview) it's still one of my top considerations when picking a world.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:52 AM
I have played darn all at release for a while, but I play my custom ones the most. I think I played in Appaloosa and IP the longest for some reason. Loved the houses on the water and the boats in IP and I especially like the colors of Appaloosa. I like the swamp in Twinbrook.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 3:50 PM
I've played in Riverview on a few occasions, in 2012 and 2014, and quite liked it. I should really go back to it soon. I also played Moonlight Falls briefly in 2012 and 2013 but found it too empty and repetitive. From what I've seen of Isla Paradiso, it's a good-looking world but not very good to play in. I've played around with it but it didn't grow on me. The world I know the least about, probably, is Appaloosa. I don't think I've ever played in it, and I don't think I've ever really loaded it up either.

I wonder if I can get an improved version of Sunset Valley somewhere. It's a great world but it's not very interesting to look at. Maybe someone visually minded has gone in and made it prettier?

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:57 PM
I always go back to Riverview. My favorite sims family I ever made lived there, so I have a soft spot for it. As for custom worlds, I've often gone back Rflong7's Legacy Island.

"We're cookies and cream. Not double stuffed."
My sims blog
my simblr
Forum Resident
#12 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I wonder if I can get an improved version of Sunset Valley somewhere. It's a great world but it's not very interesting to look at. Maybe someone visually minded has gone in and made it prettier?

It's kind of funny for me to go back and look at SV in hindsight. With the later worlds, you can see how they progressively got better with world building. It's general layout isn't really a problem. It's the houses mostly. Odd exterior choices, barebones landscaping, those boxy 2-3 room houses. And I always hated how every house interior was decorated as if it came straight out of some vintage 1920s catalog.

Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:11 PM
I'm playing Transimvania... Don't look for it, I made it myself. Don't ask for it, I'm ashamed of it. For example, found I accidentally dropped surf effects on the bookstore and the day spa and where I had the shoreline, the surf was going the wrong way, parallel to the beach unstead of up the beach. Also, unlike other worlds I've made, the mountains look hideous. I was quite happy with the mountains in Newtville... didn't do so well in Transimvania.
I just got into playing vampires.... I really like Skydome's "More real Vampires" mod. My idea was to make it easy using the Llama Lighting Leap transporter to get to the gym, consignment store, elixir store, library and "Maker shop" - Maker shop being a place where there's a chemistry, science station, bot making station and a bot cash register. Usually I put a Group science project on the maker lot.
I found a really pretty elixir store - but I have to click 4 times to get down to the cash register when in lot view - and that's annoying. So, I made a more playable one. Most of my houses are like that too... low triangle count things that are more playable and quite ugly.
I didn't put enough houses or spawners in the world. So, I'm starting version 2 today. I'm about to find out what else I did wrong, besides not enough trees.
Lucky for me I have a bad memory. I really don't recall where I put the good spawners so I have to hunt for them. I often put them under bushes and stuff & make them hard to find or impossible to get to without a jet pack, just to piss myself off later on.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:11 PM
Yeah it's mostly mid-century modern and that really nasty cheap aesthetic. There's also a bit of postmodernism in there but it's all quite bland.
It's now become clear that I'll have to build quite a few more lots in the future, just to accomodate every location and style I want to use in b88, and Sunset Valley is probably going to be part of that, so things are far from over between me and bland modernism. Mid-century modern has lots of browns and greens but when you get into 80s modernism it's white, white, black, white and white with a splash of white. Which is exactly why I'm not going to be doing a lot of those.

insert signature here
Scholar
#15 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:30 PM
sunset valley just like sneaywingphoenix

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Jun 2018 at 5:54 PM Last edited by daisylee : 14th Jun 2018 at 2:04 AM.
By the time I have finished playing every EA world I have rebuilt all or darn near every lot. Once I have done that a new world usually came out and so I started over with that world. SV looks pretty basic now IMO, in part as so few tree choices used as the base game world. I thought it looked great at release and had a photo as my screen on my computer, then it looked not so good and got replaced. And the terrain painting got much better in later worlds. I think one reason I like Appaloosa is I like the terrain colors and I like the tree colors with the cottonwoods and so on. I do not tend to play tropical worlds, so IP was a fun change for a while.

AND............. I wanna see some pics of Transimvania. :D
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#17 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 12:54 AM
EA worlds: Twinbrook, Isla Paradiso and Moonlight Falls; in that order. The world I tend to forget that I have is Starlight Shores.
Store worlds: maybe Midnight Hollow, but I have a running game in all of them. Least favourite here is Hidden Springs.
Custom worlds: Niua Simoa by kiwi_tea (WA version) and Grey Meadow by Quailhogs (Gen version)
Field Researcher
#18 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:02 AM
Starlight Shores&Midnight Hollow.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 1:21 AM
I'm almost always playing in the same 3: Moonlight Falls, Riverview, and Sunset Valley (my personal favourite).
Mad Poster
#20 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I tend to stick to custom worlds. I find them more interesting for some reason. My favorite is St.Claire, but it really just depends on what kind of mood I'm in. Right now I'm playing Simsville, but I have worlds such as Devil's Port which is a 'grungy' type world. I find this one more fun to play as a homeless challenge as sims can live under the bridge.

OOH, Devil's Port sounds interesting. I need to find that.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 3:07 AM
Definitely Moonlight Falls
Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 3:36 AM
Moonlight falls is my go-to world. Even if I don't like some of the families there, they have just about everything else.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 5:32 PM
Absolutely adore Twinbrook, then Lucky Palms, but I actually play custom worlds; usually by My Sim Realty (currently loving Meadow Glen). The only reason I'm not playing Twinbrook is the actual playing area was a little too small (need more lots!) and my rig cannot handle the ground fog stuff, it just looks awful (and I have neither the skill nor the patience to edit the world to my tastes with CAW).

I love my pc because my sims live in it
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 14th Jun 2018 at 6:55 PM
Lucky Palms, Lunar Lakes and a custom world I made.
Test Subject
#25 Old 15th Jun 2018 at 12:50 AM Last edited by Mister Simmy : 1st Oct 2020 at 3:47 AM.
Sunset Valley is classic. I play it all the time. I usually do play in Bridgeport, but I get sick of it easily. Real life cities are simply more intruiging. But I think Sunset Valley is my favourite, because on my very first save I played it, with my very first sim, the original, and the best, Johnny Tyler. (I did that name BEFORE I heard about John Tyler the president or the musician Johnny Tyler or the character from Tombstone or anyone else with that name for that matter I WOULD play Riverview, but sadly it seems to be stuck on the loading screen on the store (Or I am impatient)
Page 1 of 2