Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 5:26 PM
Default Funny patch note
Some of you have seen this, but those who didn't.

What hilarious or weird patch notes have you encountered?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 7:13 PM
So funny!

Happy-Go-Lucky
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:00 PM
I can't see anything at all, so I have no opinion.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 9:31 PM
My favorite is one from Crusader Kings 2: "No longer possible to sacrifice same person to Satan multiple times."
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:35 PM
This is too easy, it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Some of these won't seem very funny to us, but think how they must sound to those who don't even play the game.

Pianists will no longer continue playing pianos that have been detonated.
Sims that drown while Skinny Dipping will now spin into their clothes while interacting with the Grim Reaper.
Toddlers can no longer get fleas.
Sims that have been turned into a Ghost will no longer receive an extra diploma.
Fairy children will no longer stretch into adult size when using the “Talk to Plant” interaction.
Child Sims will no longer “Play in Sand” indoors where there is no sand.
Sims can now relax on floor tiles.
The Murphy Bed has been made less lethal. (out of context, this one was always one of my favorites)
Mermaid Children can now take showers.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#6 Old 28th Jun 2018 at 11:39 PM Last edited by Don Babilon : 29th Jun 2018 at 12:08 AM.
I dimly remember something like: The bistro will no longer serve pet food to its customers when eating outside.

ETA: And a patch note that cannot be found because this was never fixed: Horse fertilizer does not qualify as an ingredient for certain dishes anymore.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 1:51 AM
Fix for a freeze that can occur when Sims attempt to clean out bad food from the fridge. (hah, get it? because freeze and fridge? yeah haha)
Fixed an issue that caused Sims to leave their Toddler inside a bar at closing time.
Children and Teens can no longer die from motive failure while on a Time Out.
There are now stricter relationship requirements for WooHooing with Sims in the Sarcophagus
When using the Fire Pit, Sims can no longer roast and eat horse fertilizer
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 7:19 AM
When I was very new to the game, my regard for it went waaay up when I saw the "Try for Baby with the Grim Reaper" note.

But nine years later, and with the last patch now well in the past, apparently I should still pay attention to the notes:
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Sims can now relax on floor tiles.
Can? Really? I want to, and am going to try it.
Alchemist
#9 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 9:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Toddlers can no longer get fleas.

Lowkey requesting a kind script modder to bring this back

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 29th Jun 2018 at 10:25 AM
Another stand-out patch note involves IP's underwater caves:
Quote: Originally posted by 1.57 Patch Notes
Sometimes the ocean would reset when Sims woohooed in the underwater cave, because it was just THAT good! This has been fixed.

My personal all-time favorite patch note, however, has to be from ARK: Survival Evolved. From their Dino TLC Update:
Quote: Originally posted by Studio Wildcard
When targeting an enemy and using the [T. rex's] roar, the enemy will be forced to poop. There will be a cooldown on both the Rex and people who have recently pooped, so you can't pooplock them with 10 Rexes.

WARNING: Professional Lurker Alert!
Quote:
"Ew, trees [WooHoo-ing]."

-- "Oral Pollination", Not Always Right
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Jun 2018 at 8:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
Children and Teens can no longer die from motive failure while on a Time Out.

"Dinner is ready! And No Timmy, you aren't allowed to go to the table until you think about what you did wrong!". Talk about how some parents can be so strict.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.