Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:04 AM
Default "These two Sims keep fighting, but they're expecting a baby! and now they're enemies!!"
I recently added NRAAS's Story Progression mod, and in my new 'hood, I keep getting story pop-ups telling me how two Sims keep fighting, declaring each other nemesis, but then, they're expecting a baby??
What's going on? O.o
Added weirdness, I had moved Agnes Crumplebottom in with the Goths in SV, then saved them to the Sim Bin so I have them just about anywhere xD It seems Agnes's relation to Cornelia somehow got cancelled out, because lately in my game, adult Mortimer had a baby with Agnes =\ They also hate each other...
So how do these babies keep getting made?? So far, it's been two couples, one of which is on their 2nd pregnancy despite hating each other...
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#3 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RapaxGuardian
I recently added NRAAS's Story Progression mod, and in my new 'hood, I keep getting story pop-ups telling me how two Sims keep fighting, declaring each other nemesis, but then, they're expecting a baby??
What's going on? O.o

Those pop ups are alerts for what the sims are already doing and sometimes the NPC sims will just get into a long strings of negative interactions. What are their traits? If they both have a trait like mean spirited the game will push them to fight. Then again, if they both have mean spirited, they will both get positive moodlets for having an enemy nearby. So ironically a mean husband and wife (like the elder Rackets in Twinbrook) will be happier together as enemies than if they were friends.

Quote:
So how do these babies keep getting made?? So far, it's been two couples, one of which is on their 2nd pregnancy despite hating each other...

Story Progression checked the numbers in the town and it came up that you needed to have more babies to keep the population up. It may have gone off of one of the parents traits while determining who got their family expanded (but it might have been based on their family size). I seem to remember getting a huge baby boom the first time I installed SP as well.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 4:17 PM
We Fought In The Streets, We Fought In The Sheets.

Now there's a story.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 9:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Those pop ups are alerts for what the sims are already doing and sometimes the NPC sims will just get into a long strings of negative interactions. What are their traits? If they both have a trait like mean spirited the game will push them to fight. Then again, if they both have mean spirited, they will both get positive moodlets for having an enemy nearby. So ironically a mean husband and wife (like the elder Rackets in Twinbrook) will be happier together as enemies than if they were friends.

Story Progression checked the numbers in the town and it came up that you needed to have more babies to keep the population up. It may have gone off of one of the parents traits while determining who got their family expanded (but it might have been based on their family size). I seem to remember getting a huge baby boom the first time I installed SP as well.

One of the couples is Morty Goth and Agnes Crumplebottom, Morty's a Grump so that may have something to do with it. The 2nd couple this keeps happening to is a grown-up Spencer Funke with a CAS named Lydia Jiangshi (she's a Chinese Vampire rocker, as you do). I don't know what traits Spencer got, but the Sims Wiki tells me he's Hot-Headed. Great. Bonus points, Morty has an adopted sister named Agatha, I gave her the Grumpy trait to fit in, and it seems Agatha's husband Lawrence (ne Lum) has been the victim of Agatha's grumpiness. We'll see if Story Progression gives these two a baby next??
Thank you for the helpful reply That makes a lot more sense.