Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 5:13 AM Last edited by 13NHarri : 29th Jul 2018 at 10:24 PM.
Default Custom Content enabled but not showing.
Hi all! I have Sims 2 Pets, for pc. I had to uninstall it, as the game kept crashing and was slowing my computer down. A few days ago, I reinstalled it, as I missed playing. All of the custom content I have downloaded is stuff I had before (right down to the mods), however I can not get anything to show up in game. I've enabled custom content in the option menu, I've tried taking the Downloads folder out, and putting it back in, I've made sure the folder title is spelled correctly, I've even tried using Clean Installer. I've done just about everything I can think of, except uninstall the game and reinstall it. I will admit, my computer is on the older side (the most advanced os it can run is Windows 7), and the last time I installed pets, I had to have it installed from the hard drive as the disc had been damaged. This go around, I got it installed from the disc, but I'm not sure if the data has been corrupted by the damage.

UPDATE: Thanks for all the help, but unfortunately as I was trying to get my content to show, the game stared to crash every time I tried to start it. Uninstalled it, and then reinstalled it, but the game still crashed. At this point, I'm pretty certain the game data has become corrupted beyond retrieval. As such, I will most likely be ordering a new copy of both the base game and my expansion pack, once my Dad finishes my new laptop.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 6:38 AM
What kind of CC is it? Are we talking mods or paintings or eyebrows, or all of it? If it is mods, what do you have?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 1:48 PM
Did you capitalize the D in downloads?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Alchemist
#4 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 3:45 PM
Did you follow all the steps in this guide?
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU
Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 6:40 PM
Did you load, enable, quit, and load again? It doesn't take till the game's reloaded.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Did you load, enable, quit, and load again? It doesn't take till the game's reloaded.

It's the first thing I tried.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Did you capitalize the D in downloads?

Yes. I always make sure to check that, each time I install the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DameMika
What kind of CC is it? Are we talking mods or paintings or eyebrows, or all of it? If it is mods, what do you have?

My main mod is Inteenimater. I do have a few others, but Inteenimater is the largest.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin

That is one of the first things I tried.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 3:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 13NHarri
My main mod is Inteenimater. I do have a few others, but Inteenimater is the largest.

....what's your few others? You're quite right, the Inteenimater is huge and it interferes with a lot of things. It's called the kitten killer because it actually did kill kittens at some point, albeit many centuries ago. :P
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 10:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DameMika
It's called the kitten killer because it actually did kill kittens at some point, albeit many centuries ago. :P

No, it actually still does kill kittens.
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...080#post3937080
Mad Poster
#12 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 12:10 PM
Boy, am I glad I don't have that one. I would never have forgiven myself for letting my kittens die.

Meanwhile, back to the OP. Are you any closer to figuring out the problem?

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I would never have forgiven myself for letting my kittens die.

Don't worry, there's a flavorpack!

@13NHarri Did you solve this?
Undead Molten Llama
#14 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 2:23 PM Last edited by iCad : 29th Jul 2018 at 5:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by 13NHarri
...I've done just about everything I can think of, except uninstall the game and reinstall it. I will admit, my computer is on the older side (the most advanced os it can run is Windows 7), and the last time I installed pets, I had to have it installed from the hard drive as the disc had been damaged. This go around, I got it installed from the disc, but I'm not sure if the data has been corrupted by the damage.

If you've done the whole procedure that omglo linked to, then there is no reason that I can think of why your CC wouldn't show up. Are you certain you've ticked the option in Settings that's something like "show custom content in catalogs"?

Personally, I'd keep mods out of it until you resolve getting CC to show. Once that's resolved, THEN put in your mods and you can see if they're all working properly together. Usually, mod conflicts don't cause crashing, if you're still having that problem. Usually, they cause the game to not work right -- causing "jump bugs" (Sims constantly resetting, which makes them appear to jump or spin in place) or making menu options go missing. Things like that. Crashing is usually caused by either bad/corrupted CC or trying to load lots for which you don't have the right EPs OR the game trying to use more than 2GB of memory while playing, which happens easily in large/heavily-populated/heavily-decorated neighborhoods. If you're on an older OS that isn't 64-bit, the 4GB patch unfortunately isn't going to help you; it doesn't work on 32-bit OSs.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.