Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 1:25 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time
Default Neighborhood begins crashing after placing lots and request for advice about lots
Hello to all,

first I have to say a amount of my english vocabulary got lost in the last 10 Years. Second thanks you all for helping and still developing.

I got the UC last year(after playing for over 10 Years with the disk versions) and tried to build a neighborhood for many times.

The Problems came after opening subhoods( 5 shopping/3 downtown, were my most), placing downloaded Lots(most from MTS) and Lots from the Maxis neighborhoods in the new One.

The Symptoms were always the same:
1. After placing 3 lots and loading another one the game crashed, sometimes the crash came when i tried to load the neighborhood.
2. Sometimes loading the lot bin the game cashed
3. After deleting some houses from the lot bin(5-10) the game crashed.

The last 2 weeks I tried the following:
I removed all costum content and placed the lots(download and other Maxis neighborhoods lots) and I was able to place over 40 lots and then it began again.
Mootilda's hoodchecker wasn't able to find problems.

Yesterday I removed every lot in the lot bin( even the Maxis made), deleted all neighborhoods and installed the 4GB Patch.

Now I would be happy if you help my with the following:
1. I've learned(thanks to you :-) ) that placing inhabited or previously inhabited/owned lots, even when made by myself could cause corruption.
Is every downloaded lot(rsidential, community apartment) a cause for corruption, and should I build everything by myself?
2. Is there a maximum number for subhoods?
3. Is it safe to transfer lots from subhoods(Maxis or downloaded), of course never inhabited or owned, to other subhoods or the Main hood.

Thank you very much for answering, and sorry if I made a duplicate thread