Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:03 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Free Time
Default TS2 Nightlife: My Sims Get Random Calls From Sims They Don't Know Asking Them To Go On Dates
I've had this happen multiple times before. Why though?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 10th Aug 2018 at 7:29 PM
You sure they're dates? If they're outings, this is normal.

On the first day after adding a downtown, or on the first day on a new lot in a hood with an established downtown, someone will get a call around 6:30. This may be from a friend, an acquaintance, a friend of a friend, or a complete stranger, asking them to go downtown. This will be an outing and will include sims with high relationships to the sim who called.

After a dream date, the date's friends and relatives are likely to call the active sim up and invite them along on an outing. The wording here is: "Since my friend XXX had such a good time with you the other night..." This will also occur between 6 and 6:30, and is a good way to get acquainted with the relatives of a romantic interest. It may quickly be followed by a call for a repeat date from the sim you dated last night, but you can only go on one or the other.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 11th Aug 2018 at 9:59 PM
(Penig means 6:00 PM and 6:30 PM and everything they said is correct.)
If they are dates, isn't that a Apartment Life thing? But your comment says that you haven't got that one installed, is that correct?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 4:25 AM
Dates and outings were both added in Nightlife not Apartment life.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 5:37 AM
There is a "blind date" networking perk you can get in Apartment Life, but I no longer remember what happens because IIRC it was incredibly broken and could put you on dates with untouchable NPCs, so I've had it disabled with a mod basically since the expansion came out.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
There is a "blind date" networking perk you can get in Apartment Life, but I no longer remember what happens because IIRC it was incredibly broken and could put you on dates with untouchable NPCs, so I've had it disabled with a mod basically since the expansion came out.

In my game, it seems that the only Sims that are offered blind dates through networking are the ones that are already married.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 9:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn

You're right. I'd forgotten about that one because I rarely get offered blind dates as networking perks and usually turn them down anyway.