Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

HomeworkSometimesFasterFun

by Jenflower Posted 15th Dec 2004 at 10:57 PM - Updated 19th Mar 2009 at 7:11 AM by Jenflower : Apartment Life version uploaded again after server crash

243 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 237 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 10
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:14 PM Last edited by petallotus : 15th Dec 2004 at 11:15 PM. Reason: I'm an idiot
Thanks Jenflower, I will test it out. U r right homework should be a little more realistic because not everyone hates doing homework.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:16 PM
I will test this for you. Great idea.
I didn't know there was a turtle...awww.....I am a turtle freak....well, as you can tell by my name and pic. LOL
Anyway, thanks.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:17 PM
Default Yay!
I can't wait to get this in the game! It sounds so much more realistic than the current set-up! :bow: Thanks, Jen. ~KG <-- for Jenflower
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#5 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:20 PM
This looks great, Jenflower! You have put a lot of thought into this. There are also lots of other mods/hacks out there than can max out fun so I'm glad you didn't put everything under the sun in this hack. I think this homework hack seems pretty realistic to me. I just hate that doing homework drains the life out of the child/teen. With your hack, they won't go to bed stinky, hungry, on the verge of peeing in their bed, and grouchy.

Regarding the homework speed for A+ students, realistically, A+ students will tend to do their homework faster. I would think C or B students struggle a bit more, therefore doing their homework slightly slower. Great job! I'll be putting this in my game for sure.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#6 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:21 PM
Well, I guess I can take this one off my list now. +8 is probably a little extreme of a boost in one shot. Maybe a +2 for every grade above B+, so A+ receives a +6, tops.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:22 PM
Thanks Jen, this is just what I've been waiting for I didn't want to use the no homework hac, because I do like the fact the kids get homework, but it was such a drag to make them do it all the time, especially for teens with after-school jobs.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#8 Old 15th Dec 2004 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenflower
.....and my favorite part....
4: Homework will only be given occasionally. When the student gets off the bus and checks their report card, you will then see a message appear in the right corner of the screen letting you know that they do not have homework that day.

what grade does this hack check against?

DDO
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#9 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 12:01 AM
I don't think that Sim-homework is really cerebral in nature. Notice how Sims don't complete the homeworks of younger siblings any faster, even though that stuff should be trivial. Maybe this can be included also?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Well, I guess I can take this one off my list now. +8 is probably a little extreme of a boost in one shot. Maybe a +2 for every grade above B+, so A+ receives a +6, tops.

I did have it at +6 for a while, but I like seeing homework done in a 1/2 hour, which the 8 gives.
But, thinking about it now, I think my problem is that I never really tested it with a child who has been taught how to study (+3 boost) and is being helped (+3 boost), which would give the student a final boost of 14 ... ack!
So if I do test it and see that it is ridiculously fast, I will definitely lower it.

Also, I think you're right - I do like the idea of incrementing the boost from A- to A+. I don't want the kids to get lazy and think they don't need to work any harder once they reach A-.
I'll take all the comments and maybe make a necessary change this weekend.
If you only knew how many times I changed the formula over the past week or so...
but it is pretty easy to change, so I can tweak it quickly, if required.

Quote: Originally posted by daysies
what grade does this hack check against?
Their school grade.
The chance of having homework is a random chance and does not depend upon the grade. The only thing their school grade affects is the speed of finishing their homework.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#11 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 12:19 AM
Does this hack retain compatibility with "no cheering"?
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Does this hack retain compatibility with "no cheering"?

Yeah it's mentioned in the first thread that it does. It just conflicts with the "no homework" hack.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 12:23 AM
This is such a great idea Jenflower! You really thought this one through!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 12:48 AM
J.M., DON'T take the 'nohomework' out!!!

It works so great, that I don't want to use another hack, no matter what it suggests....

It's quite a while that I can relax and no worry about home works, but take care of the training the teens skills, and find them jobs, to become "overachievers".

If somebody wants to waste time over home works - he will choose to download this hack. But many of us are fully contentented with the "nohomework" hack!...
Hmm, What does this do?..
#15 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:01 AM
Thanks for this Jen! All the changes you made are realistic IMO.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:06 AM
This is great! Thank you so much.. I hate the long wait for the homework to get finished.. so many things to do.. so little time...
Field Researcher
#17 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:07 AM
Thanks a lot...I hope this makes the game a little more realistic. I don't remember having homework every single night in school. Plus, homework can be fun if it's a subject you enjoy!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:24 AM
I downloaded it an I'm gonna try it, I didn't realize that it was so important to have a parent study with them the first time.
Test Subject
#19 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:39 AM
Oh this is great! I cannot wait to try it out in my game!
#20 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 1:47 AM
My overachieving Sim teens who are trying to go to school, get a love-life, gain skills AND go to work will appreciate this hack. Thanks muchly!
Test Subject
#21 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 2:10 AM
GREEEEAAAAT!!! good good!! something like this has been discussed a lot of times in lots of threads! great!
i also agree with the increment from A- to A+
but i agree also that +8 is too much.
great Jen! thx a lot!!!
Test Subject
#22 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 3:11 AM
alright! this mod rocks! i think this is a great step in the right direction about the homework fiasco. i personally dispise the fact that it annihilates my child-sims life every time she sits down. its homework not the bubonic plague!. anyway thank you for this. i realise it would probably be too fast but id like to see around a +10. thats just my 2 cents
Instructor
#23 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 3:39 AM
Thank youuuuuuu!
I was hoping for that one! :D
Instructor
#24 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 4:01 AM
It's too bad there aren't different kinds of homework. Calculus homework could drain fun really fast for playful students, while art homework could skyrocket their fun. Or, better yet, you could choose which subjects your Simkid likes and hates. Ah well, this is a good compromise. Thanks, Jenflower.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#25 Old 16th Dec 2004 at 5:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gali
J.M., DON'T take the 'nohomework' out!!!

It works so great, that I don't want to use another hack, no matter what it suggests....

It's quite a while that I can relax and no worry about home works, but take care of the training the teens skills, and find them jobs, to become "overachievers".

If somebody wants to waste time over home works - he will choose to download this hack. But many of us are fully contentented with the "nohomework" hack!...

I wasn't threatening to take an existing hack off the list, I was talking about crossing THIS one off my to-do list, since someone else has done it. Can't hog the *ENTIRE* game hacks forum, after all. :P

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Page 1 of 10