Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 3:20 AM
Default how to recolor a mesh without a recolor to start from??
agh. i hope this hasn't been asked but i'm not sure how to word this in a search query.

okay, so i've downloaded a mesh that i'd like to recolor (AF_Bottoms-NekkidHighTops, from clubcrimsyn) but i can't find a recolor of this mesh anywhere. how would i go about recoloring it, seeing as it doesnt appear in bodyshop because i dont have any textures linked to it?
i have a feeling any solution will require simpe. i am working on a mac but i have an antique pc downstairs with the base game and SimPE on it... hopefully i can manage this with my little knowledge of the program.
any help is greatly appreciated

through fire below, and fire above, and fire within
sleeped through the things that couldn't have been if you hadn't have been
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Oct 2008 at 12:23 PM
There's gotta be an existing recolour of it. Why not try emailing the gals at Club Crimsyn and seeing if they can point you in the right direction? Yes, it's possible to link up a recolour to an existing mesh with SimPE (and if you look at the Unimesh 1 tutorial in Body Shop Meshing, it explains how) but I can't imagine that any mesh creator would just make a mesh with -no- recolours.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Space Pony
#3 Old 4th Oct 2008 at 12:54 AM
Ok.. downloading that mesh.. has the name gelydh on it... she also is from TSR.. so searching her downloads...clothing, female, ... brings you to..

http://www.thesimsresource.com/arti...s2/sets/649711/

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 12:08 AM
THANK you cazkiwi! i googled the name of the mesh and found nothing so i assumed there were no recolours. thank you thank you

through fire below, and fire above, and fire within
sleeped through the things that couldn't have been if you hadn't have been
Space Pony
#5 Old 5th Oct 2008 at 12:19 AM
No problem. Can't wait to see what you'll do with em :D

Tho.. don't forget, HP's advice was actually the correct way if you can't find it yourself..... Just ask the creators (they have a guestbook and contact link at Club Crimsyn - http://www.clubcrimsyn.com/

Creators are friendly people (most of the time).... like we are here.... and since the folks at CC advocate you using their meshes, I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help out in this instance (and see what you did, too!)

*Edit* Sorry, I sound wanna-be moddy above.. I don't mean to lecture, hehe.

If at first you DO succeed, try not to look so astonished!
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:20 AM Last edited by drwho : 9th Aug 2015 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Misspelt crocobaura
I've tried to recolour some plane objects by crocobaura, but they turned out like how I recoloured them from.

I like trains.