Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 5:33 AM
Default Replacing mesh?
Hi I'm not sure which subforum should this be directed to, but anyway basically I have some recolors of clothing items from a Eaxis mesh, and a different mesh edit of that same item (from a different creator), I'm just looking for away to get the recolors to use the altered mesh instead. Would anyone be so kind to direct me to the relevant tutorials/guides to accomplish this, I'll try to learn how to do so myself.

I should note that I just recently got back into playing TS2 from TS4/TS3 and I'm generally illiterate when it comes to modding in TS2.

Thank you in advanced
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Oct 2015 at 7:09 PM
Well, it might be possible, but that's assuming that both meshes are mapped in exactly the same way (UV mapping isn't the same for every mesh). If the creator has put anything on the texture in a different place (e.g., shoes), then the final product is not going to look right. If the mesh edit is something like making the Sim's midsection fatter (or some other simple tweak like that), it will probably work okay.

You can try linking the recolours to the desired mesh in SimPE. Open up the recolour, select the 3DIR resource, and then use the linking tool and follow the instructions - Tools>PJSE>Body Mesh Tool>Linking stage (instructions for this should be basically the same as what you'd do if you were making a new mesh and linking a recolour to it, so any of the basic meshing tutorials should be able to help you if you get stuck).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Oct 2015 at 3:49 PM
Thank you so much for the thorough explanation! It worked it was just a simple mesh edit so the recolor turned out exactly the way I wanted. I didn't know that it's that simple.