Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 4:37 PM
Default Art Gallery real estate - looking for decorative items sims ignore
how do I fullfill 8-16 decorative items requirement without having sims waste time on said items (i.e. no autonomous view interaction)? my art gallery has tons of objects to admire but none of those count as decorative.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 7:59 PM
Just put them in to meet the requirement and then take them out if not wanted in there?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Dec 2023 at 8:00 PM
I believe there are special pedestals you can place items on to make them decorative/viewable (like tvs or what not). What exactly is this requirement of/for?

Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
Just put them in to meet the requirement and then take them out if not wanted in there?

Or shove in hidden/inaccessible basement (even though I have no clue what this is even about )

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th Dec 2023 at 12:17 AM
It's supposed to be a fully functional community lots dedicated to collectibles and ordinary buy mode objects (which on top Sims pay attention to) seem a bit out of place here.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 12:12 AM
As said, if meeting the requirement is wanted, just do what is needed to meet it and then delete unwanted things? I had some lifetime goal for a Sim of having items of a certain worth or whatever it was, so just filled the attic with extremely expensive things to meet the goal then removed them.
Forum Resident
#6 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 4:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kusurusu
It's supposed to be a fully functional community lots dedicated to collectibles and ordinary buy mode objects (which on top Sims pay attention to) seem a bit out of place here.

Never used this, but it may be what you want? https://modthesims.info/d/573784/no...bject-quot.html

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 12:22 PM
Selling items leaves real estate incomplete again (i.e. no revenue) while making them inaccessible leads to route failures. Furthermore, this issue is unrelated to lifetime goals, and check out new objects only occurs on residential lots... I'm looking for objects fulfilling decorative requirement (art gallery real estate) while also being ignored by visiting sims (unlike all the collectibles on display which for some reason don't count as decorative).

p.s. I'm totally fine with the other two req. (toilets, sinks)
Forum Resident
#8 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 2:47 PM
Selling items leaves real estate incomplete again (i.e. no revenue) while making them inaccessible leads to route failures. Furthermore, this issue is unrelated to lifetime goals, and check out new objects only occurs on residential lots... I'm looking for objects fulfilling decorative requirement (art gallery real estate) while also being ignored by visiting sims (unlike all the collectibles on display which for some reason don't count as decorative).

p.s. I'm totally fine with the other two req. (toilets, sinks)

Really not sure what you are trying to accomplish? Are you trying to increase the value of a venue lot to increase revenues? Example, a bar that need 10,000$ to reach level 2 or level 3? Because, if that is what you try to do, just put stuff on the lot. I have never had a problem of Sims standing around and looking at pictures or statues in my bars... or at least if they have looked, I have never noticed. Also, exterior items like fountains count in value. I have a bar with a fountain and a gazebo, just to increase value.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 8:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
Really not sure what you are trying to accomplish?

I think some of us are in the same boat, as the original poster has not really explained what is trying to do? And why? And for an art gallery, isn't the idea for Sims to look at the items? Why would that be a problem? The whole point of galleries and museums and so on, is to have people/Sims look at the items.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 9:23 PM
It's supposed to be a functional (i.e. generating revenue once bought) community lot where Sims can view/admire collectibles (and nothing else!). Art Gallery seemed to make most sense here but this one requires decorative items (and I don't want visitors wasting their time with other art pieces).
Inventor
#11 Old 13th Dec 2023 at 10:15 PM
It's supposed to be a functional (i.e. generating revenue once bought) community lot where Sims can view/admire collectibles (and nothing else!). Art Gallery seemed to make most sense here but this one requires decorative items (and I don't want visitors wasting their time with other art pieces).

So this is handled in the Gampeplay > RealEstate xml

I can make you an override and remove what you want from the list below but if you have any other mods that alter this it will override it. I made my own so Library's don't require so many bookshelves because then I end up with a ton of books. I mess with this file a lot to change my venues requirements because I don't want a ton of clutter when I play small worlds.

If you tell me what you want and don't want from the list below I can make the override now. I can also remove all the required objects I usually leave in like 1 sink and 1 toilet so it at least requires a bathroom. In doing this you hit the requirement for level 3 upon adding a bathroom. I can also alter the weekly income and upgrade values.

<Venues>
<VenueType>kArtGallery</VenueType>
<BaseCost>80000</BaseCost>
<WeeklyIncomes>9500,20000,36500</WeeklyIncomes>
<UpgradeValues>80000,130000,220000</UpgradeValues>
<RequiredObjectsLevel1>Sink,1|Toilet,1|PaintingOrSculpture,4</RequiredObjectsLevel1>
<RequiredObjectsLevel2>Sink,2|Toilet,2|PaintingOrSculpture,8</RequiredObjectsLevel2>
<RequiredObjectsLevel3>Sink,2|Toilet,2|PaintingOrSculpture,16</RequiredObjectsLevel3>
</Venues>
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 12:40 AM

This makes no sense whatsoever. What does it matter if they look at other things? Sigh......work with how the game does things.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 1:23 AM
This makes no sense whatsoever. What does it matter if they look at other things? Sigh......work with how the game does things.

It's beginning to sound as he wants to create a special (non-EA) venue with his own rules for how things work in that venue?

Mad Poster
#14 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 2:59 AM Last edited by daisylee : 15th Dec 2023 at 4:29 AM.
It's beginning to sound as he wants to create a special (non-EA) venue with his own rules for how things work in that venue?

Which really makes no sense to me at least. If you do an art gallery Sims should look at the items in it? How much of a bother is it to have a Sim look at something?
Forum Resident
#15 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 4:18 AM
Which really makes no sense to me at least. If you do an at gallery Sims should look at the items in it? How much of a bother is it to have a Sim look at something?

You see, if I understand correctly (perhaps I do not), it is for a venue, to increase the amount to be collected weekly??? My Sims own many venues. Bars are my favorites, but I own several other venues and some rabbitholes. Foot traffic has no affect on how much is collected weekly.

Inventor
#16 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 1:03 PM
You see, if I understand correctly (perhaps I do not), it is for a venue, to increase the amount to be collected weekly??? My Sims own many venues. Bars are my favorites, but I own several other venues and some rabbitholes. Foot traffic has no affect on how much is collected weekly.

I really think they just don't want it to require so many objects.

But here is how it works. In the XML To get to 3 stars you have to meet the requirements (as we see in the Art Gallery above) The weekly income is a set payout based on what start level you have your venue set at.

This is why I alter that file. I want my payout weekly to be the three star but I don't want to have to clutter the place up with 16 decorative objects. So I just remove that line or alter it.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
I really think they just don't want it to require so many objects.

But here is how it works. In the XML To get to 3 stars you have to meet the requirements (as we see in the Art Gallery above) The weekly income is a set payout based on what start level you have your venue set at.

This is why I alter that file. I want my payout weekly to be the three star but I don't want to have to clutter the place up with 16 decorative objects. So I just remove that line or alter it.

I had the art gallery in a save, a while ago, but do not remember having to have a certain number of exhibits, only total lot value. It was in a vampire lounge that I made, where I placed the very expensive fountain, simply to increase lot value. I guess I will look at art gallery again to see it's requirements.

Inventor
#18 Old 14th Dec 2023 at 11:18 PM
I had the art gallery in a save, a while ago, but do not remember having to have a certain number of exhibits, only total lot value. It was in a vampire lounge that I made, where I placed the very expensive fountain, simply to increase lot value. I guess I will look at art gallery again to see it's requirements.

<Venues>
<RequiredObjectsLevel1>Sink,1|Toilet,1|PaintingOrSculpture,4</RequiredObjectsLevel1>
<RequiredObjectsLevel2>Sink,2|Toilet,2|PaintingOrSculpture,8</RequiredObjectsLevel2>
<RequiredObjectsLevel3>Sink,2|Toilet,2|PaintingOrSculpture,16</RequiredObjectsLevel3>
</Venues>

These are the requirements for the Art Gallery
Mad Poster
#19 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 12:50 AM
I think some of us are in the same boat, as the original poster has not really explained what is trying to do? And why? And for an art gallery, isn't the idea for Sims to look at the items? Why would that be a problem? The whole point of galleries and museums and so on, is to have people/Sims look at the items.

Or could be building something else (ya know, how restrictive lot assignments can be when you want benefits, but make-it-belief its something else).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 2:08 AM
<Venues>
</Venues>

These are the requirements for the Art Gallery

OK. I must have done all of those things. It just doesn't bother me that Sims go to an art gallery and look at stuff as it does the OP! I mean, is that not what the art gallery is for? And I might post this in the things you discovered thread... Did you know there is no art gallery ITF??? That is where my Sims are right now, and I was going to buy the art gallery to check things, but there isn't one!

Inventor
#21 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 2:39 AM
OK. I must have done all of those things. It just doesn't bother me that Sims go to an art gallery and look at stuff as it does the OP! I mean, is that not what the art gallery is for? And I might post this in the things you discovered thread... Did you know there is no art gallery ITF??? That is where my Sims are right now, and I was going to buy the art gallery to check things, but there isn't one!

I just think OP is looking for it to require less objects. I mean 16 can seem a little much.

I remove that requirement so I can set up my Art Gallery with a few objects because I usually play a Painter sim and if you sell your Paintings they have a chance to end up in the Art Gallery. I also altered that tuning so that my sims paintings always end up hung up in the art gallery. So as the owner of said Art Gallery it's full of my paintings.

Also, I never play ITF. So that's interesting it doesn't have an Art Gallery maybe it's under another name.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 9:43 AM Last edited by kusurusu : 15th Dec 2023 at 10:38 AM.

Thing is, Sims do view the 800+ collectibles autonomously (like art pieces) but game won't generate any real estate revenue unless lot features at least 8 (more income if twice as much) paintings/sculptures on top (and having Sims gather around stuff this venue isn't made for just looks off).

p.s. I'd have chosen museum instead of art gallery if that option existed
Mad Poster
#23 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 11:06 AM
Surely you can find 8 more things to put in. And as said, dump in an attic or basement where they cannot access, if you do not want to see them or any Sims paying any attention to them. It seems this is not an issue for anyone else.
Forum Resident
#24 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 1:55 PM
I just think OP is looking for it to require less objects. I mean 16 can seem a little much.

I remove that requirement so I can set up my Art Gallery with a few objects because I usually play a Painter sim and if you sell your Paintings they have a chance to end up in the Art Gallery. I also altered that tuning so that my sims paintings always end up hung up in the art gallery. So as the owner of said Art Gallery it's full of my paintings.

Also, I never play ITF. So that's interesting it doesn't have an Art Gallery maybe it's under another name.

16 does not seem like so many to me, but to each his own. Did not know that artist career painting went into gallery. That is so cool!
I play ITF constantly. In part, as testing FemmeBots and new default garments (NSFW type) that I am working on. But, never noticed there was no art gallery until now. So, last night, I began making one. Saved library to bin, then placed it and removed bookshelves and furniture. Did not take long to fill it with paintings and statues. Have not taken my Sims there yet. Will do some time today.

Thing is, Sims do view the 800+ collectibles autonomously (like art pieces) but game won't generate any real estate revenue unless lot features at least 8 (more income if twice as much) paintings/sculptures on top (and having Sims gather around stuff this venue isn't made for just looks off).

I guess that I simply do not understand what it is that you want, or why it bothers you if Sims view displays in an art gallery.

Surely you can find 8 more things to put in. And as said, dump in an attic or basement where they cannot access, if you do not want to see them or any Sims paying any attention to them. It seems this is not an issue for anyone else.

In a gallery, that might lead to Sims standing around, waving their arms, because of no route... which can be annoying.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 15th Dec 2023 at 2:42 PM
I guess that I simply do not understand what it is that you want, or why it bothers you if Sims view displays in an art gallery.

It bothers me if Sims view the wrong kind of displays (buy mode paintings/sculptures) which I only placed there for real estate revenue because for some reason the hundreds of showcased collectibles don't count as decorative (even though Sims interact with them just like with other art pieces).

in short:
- collectibles are what this lot is intended for
- paintings/sculptures count as decorative
both can be viewed autonomously but Sims on this community lot are supposed to do so with just the former - what I'm asking here is, are they any paintings/sculptures which for some reason are left alone by townies (even if there's just one - I'd buy up to 16 of it in that case)? Or any objects which might be considered collectibles while at the same time fulfilling real estate requirement?
Page 1 of 2