Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Mar 2012 at 3:44 AM
Default Animation problem with root_rot
Hello,

I've done an animation basicaly a child anim, where he is walking backwards and then get pushed away in the air as if he was hitted.

The problem is that i realised in the animation that the problem came of the root_rot joint: there are some part of the animation when we see the whole sim to rotate like crazy and fast.

Please can you please tell me how I should fix this?
I thank you guys! <3
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Apr 2012 at 6:40 PM
I think you don't have the choice, you need to fix it in SimPE itself. It's the same problem as the rotating tighs i think... I had it too but never figured out how to fix it though... You can always try to remove the negative values from the root_rot joint and/or adjust manually the rotation angle in SimPE...
Retired Duck
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Apr 2012 at 2:04 AM
That's a fairly common problem (see the section "When my object is turning in a circle, it suddenly spins around in the opposite direction for no reason!" from this thread: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=239168 for a proper description of what's happening and why.)

The way I normally fix it is to manually edit the file, either in SimPE (which is slow, but familiar) or as a text file (which is faster, but more likely to fail spectacularly). Either way, if it's happening at a key point in your animation you haven't really got much of an option but to manually fix it in the anim file - Milkshape can't do it.