Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 10:42 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default BO's Alien Experiments Memory Loss Error
Hello all!

Currently doing some testing with BO's Alien Experiments mod Version 1.7 and getting a strange error that I can't seem to figure out. Specifically, I think it's to do with the supposed outcome of "Lose all Memories" experiment, as I've run through every other possible outcome (pregnancy, personality changes, motive drops, gender pref switches) and they've all run fine with no errors. Every time a sim is supposed to come back with losing all memories, I receive an error popup "Object Must Be Referring To A Person," and regardless the sim will reset, and nothing will happen. I've run the HDCU and WhatCausedThis 2.0 on the error logs and my downloads folder, but HDCU can't find any conflicts, and WhatCausedThis just refers back to the experiments mod itself. As far as mods that mess with alien abduction, I only have Higher Abduction Odds and Midge's RCC, but I can't see how either of those would potentially impact a sim losing all their memories.

As far as configurations, I have only the global mod installed right now, but previously was testing the mod with both preference and global mods installed, and the same error occurred. I haven't been able to find much about this mod aside from the initial post on Leefish, and a dead link that leads to an "extended" version, so if anyone has any idea on what the cause could be here or has had similar issues with this mod in the past, please let me know! I have no idea what potential conflicts there could be, so if any input would be appreciated.

Attached below are my most recent error log and WhatCausedThis documentation. Thanks in advance!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_N004_t78622.txt (76.7 KB, 2 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 10:52 AM
Yeah, the mod has a bug in it. Just change the neighbor to be Stack Object 0 instead of Stack Object's neighbor ID on line 2 of the Memory Loss function.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
Yeah, the mod has a bug in it. Just change the neighbor to be Stack Object 0 instead of Stack Object's neighbor ID on line 2 of the Memory Loss function.

When you say Stack Object 0, is there a specific line in the menu of Popup Wizard? I've found Stack Object's Neighbor ID but I can't figure out which "Stack Object" to make it.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 12:08 PM
Just Stack Object ID. There's only one in the list.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 12:21 PM Last edited by MHS0501 : 14th Apr 2024 at 12:48 PM.
Just Stack Object ID. There's only one in the list.

Okay, just to check, does this look correct?

Having tested it in my game with Stack Object ID assigned, I'm still getting the same error. I tried messing around assigning various Stack ID's and strangely, with Stack Objects Slot, I got the dialogue to play in 2/3 attempts with no errors, but nothing happened to their memories.

EDIT: Tried extracting and replacing the Memory Loss BHAV from V 1.8 of the Global Mod, where the Stack Object ID is properly assigned, and still getting the exact same error.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 1:45 PM
That's line 1, not line 2, and you haven't made any changes to it, that's exactly how it looks in the mod currently.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Apr 2024 at 2:33 PM
That's line 1, not line 2, and you haven't made any changes to it, that's exactly how it looks in the mod currently.

Ah thanks, that did it! Much appreciated.