Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Feb 2017 at 11:04 PM
Default Dolores Umbridge by JH
Hello all, I would like ask for help. I was working on sim Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter, I made sim and wanted upload here but my request is rejected because sim don't looks like original one. I wanted ask for some suggestion and help, how to make she better and improve to look more similiar. I would apreciate any help
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 3:38 AM
The chief thing is that the face isn't square enough. I'm not good enough at templates to tell you if there's a better one to start with, but if you don't go all the way back to the drawing board, the first thing to do is to shorten the face so that the height and width are more similar. This is a tricky operation and there's an upper limit to how much you can do of it without distorting the area around the eyes too much, but fortunately her eyes are a little baggy. Shortening the face also lengthens the neck, alas, but this is impossible to do anything about. You may be able to find an outfit that disguises it some, but at a certain point you'll come up against the limits of the program.

So do the facial shortening gradually and in tandem with widening it - the lower face, particularly. You want a wider chin and a squarer jaw. If you'll look closely at the photo, you'll see that the actress's face is almost flat along the bottom, whereas your sim has a distinct slope on either side that makes her face heart-shaped. The definition in the chin on the original is almost all from back to front - it stands out from the plane of the face, rather than dropping below it. So bringing the chin forward and making it more round should help the effect.

Also, look at the brows. There's way too much curl in the sim eyebrows, with them coming down in the center, rising in a long arch, and then coming down again. The eyebrows in the photograph are nearly straight, with a little bit of thickening on the inside creating the barest illusion of curve. Bring the outer edges of the brows down and give her an eyebrow that is thicker at the nose end than at the temple end.

Another tricky, delicate operation - push her eyes back a little, and move them a smidge closer together. It'd be easy to overdo.

The nose is - I'm not sure. Maybe turn it up a bit at the end? Again, not too much. A little broader across the nostrils, I think? Or narrower across the bridge? Fiddle with that and the eyes in tandem, as a change to one will affect the other.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 6:05 AM
I agree with what Peni has said, and I'd add in that your Sim's mouth has a fullness that's lacking in the RL photo- the actress has a much thinner mouth, and the corners are wider apart than you have them... that has the double bonus of getting the facial features a bit closer, and also giving the Sim a less-friendly demeanor (after all, Umbridge puts on a friendly demeanor, but everyone knows she's a stone cold b***h at heart! )

If you're just going for the actress's face, you can ignore this next bit, but in the books, Umbridge is always described as looking like a toad... that speaks to the wider face, like Peni suggests, but it'd also be appropriate to have more extruded eyes, a much wider mouth, looser neck skin, etc...

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#4 Old 22nd Feb 2017 at 6:30 AM
I would square the jaw a bit. I would also make the mouth wider (this way <----->) , but the lips themselves more narrow. The eyebrows need to be flatter. and the whole head needs to be a bit wider.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Feb 2017 at 1:49 PM
Thank you all for help, I will do that what you said :D