Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:01 AM Last edited by pancake101 : 3rd Feb 2017 at 3:19 PM.
Default Feedback on a new mansion project
Hi everyone! I you know me, you know I have a passion for building grand and elaborate mansion homes for you and your Sims to enjoy! I am currently working on a new mansion called The Wealthy Traveler's Paradise. Basically, it is a home designed for any Sims that love to travel. It is a six bedroom ten bathroom home filled with relics and artifacts from all around the Sims world and furnished in grand luxury style. I still have a long ways to go but I was hoping to get some feedback on my progress so far and hear what you may have to say

The house won't be complete until late spring due to needing items from other stuff packs I do not have installed just yet. Any questions you may have I will be happy to answer and I hope to hear what you have to say.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:34 AM
Looks great. Not sure what else you have left to do to it as it looks finished, but very nice.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 8:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Looks great. Not sure what else you have left to do to it as it looks finished, but very nice.

Most of the upstairs is still empty and I have to install the outdoor living to finish the back patios and basement level :3 Master suite I'm hoping can help with the bedrooms. I tend to run out of furniture when I do these builds. I was mostly looking for feedback on the color choices and if the rooms look too crowded as that is an issue I have run into with past uploads
Instructor
#4 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:37 AM
I think my computer is melting just looking at it. Seriously it's looking great. I LOVE the landscaping, with its variety of heights.

You got a nice overall color scheme, very earth, kinda safari-ish. I would try some pops of color. The room with the aquarium is a perfect example of what I mean. The blue is bold and grabs you, and through contrast enhances all the orange tones in the wood grains. Doesn't look crowded. But I feel the unfinished bedrooms upstairs are starting to get tad too big.

I would definitely look into unifying the roof better at a few points. (see pic)
Screenshots
Inventor
#5 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 11:52 AM
Wow, this must have taken some time! It looks pretty great in my eyes. Though I'm not fond of the steep slopes when moving the ground up or down I think you have found a great solution with the fences and the stone texture. It looks like is purposely built that way. Have you tried using some different walls along with your existing exterior walls? Like maybe some grey/beige brick walls on some of the corners etc?
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 12:45 PM Last edited by pancake101 : 3rd Feb 2017 at 3:17 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by cutsocks
I think my computer is melting just looking at it. Seriously it's looking great. I LOVE the landscaping, with its variety of heights.

You got a nice overall color scheme, very earth, kinda safari-ish. I would try some pops of color. The room with the aquarium is a perfect example of what I mean. The blue is bold and grabs you, and through contrast enhances all the orange tones in the wood grains. Doesn't look crowded. But I feel the unfinished bedrooms upstairs are starting to get tad too big.

I would definitely look into unifying the roof better at a few points. (see pic)

I'll see what I can do with the roofs the color scheme is in fact based on the safari look since I have a huge love for Africa. As for the bedrooms, they usually always look big but I plan to break them up with smaller areas and walled off areas. The large bedroom with the blue cover bed on the right is going to have a large bathroom and closet built in that space that will make it not just a huge area but divide it into those three sections.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Feb 2017 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
Wow, this must have taken some time! It looks pretty great in my eyes. Though I'm not fond of the steep slopes when moving the ground up or down I think you have found a great solution with the fences and the stone texture. It looks like is purposely built that way. Have you tried using some different walls along with your existing exterior walls? Like maybe some grey/beige brick walls on some of the corners etc?

I could look into it! On the corners where exactly might you suggest?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pancake101
I'll see what I can do with the roofs the color scheme is in fact based on the safari look since I have a huge love for Africa. As for the bedrooms, they usually always look big but I plan to break them up with smaller areas and walled off areas. The large bedroom with the blue cover bed on the right is going to have a large bathroom and closet built in that space that will make it not just a huge area but divide it into those three sections.

Also here is a floor plan shot of how those bedrooms have now been arranged to fill the space. The large middle room is actually a two person room with two beds and the one on the right has had the bathroom added in.
Screenshots
Inventor
#9 Old 15th Feb 2017 at 9:47 AM
I was thinking you could either make the corners a different color or texture, so it looks like columns. Or you can maybe try doing the same to the areas I have highlighted in the photos. Such a big house would look nice when you play around with the walls a bit more
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Feb 2017 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by malfoya
I was thinking you could either make the corners a different color or texture, so it looks like columns. Or you can maybe try doing the same to the areas I have highlighted in the photos. Such a big house would look nice when you play around with the walls a bit more

Ok! I have been experimenting on different areas with different textures so thanks for the feedback