Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 1:52 AM
Default Aging "jump" bug?
Lately I've had problems with age transitions. The transition happens, but the days left to the next transition is not reset. This means that the next transition happens shortly after, and then again and again until the sim dies of old age. I had one die of old age at the age of four days.

I'm calling it a "jump" bug because it seems to be similar to the jump bugs I've seen in the past - the original chatting bug, and later the party/wedding invite. So far, it has only struck families with many friends and family, while the age transitions seem to work normally for less well-connected families.

The problem seem also to correlate with a change in how I handle my sims - lately, I've had my older sims, who have maxed out their career and all the skills I care about, spend most of their free time chatting, either on the phone or on the computer.

At least, my problems started sometime after I started doing this.
Advertisement
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Feb 2005 at 6:25 AM
Just saw another strange age transition - this time it reset the days left correctly when the toddler gre up, but the toddler wants are still around, despite none of them being locked.