Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:08 AM
Quaxi, thank you so much for fixing the issue. <3 <3 <3
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#52 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Quaxi
Well, after some tinkering I got my old Project-Files mostly working again :D

I have attached a replacment .dll File that should hopefully reenable the GUID-Connection in SimPE. Since I do not currently have the Sims installed I can't really test this, but if you are willing to try simply extract the sims.guid.dll file and replace the one that was installed alongside your SimPe.exe (make a backup copy of the original file in case everything gets wrong )

I will try to get my release workflow working again. Once I do, I'll be able to create installers and 7z files for the Homepage/SourceForge (which has the additional plus of having the update notification within SimPE working again).

Oh, and thanks for the offer of Hosting the Guid-db. We can talk about that once I am able to actually update the SimPE Releases.

Working - we've been testing it in the staff room. Thank you again.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Instructor
#53 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dharden
When I try to access the main site, I get "ERR_SPDY_INADEQUATE_TRANSPORT_SECURITY".

What Browser do you use?
Forum Resident
#54 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 1:37 AM
What Browser do you use?

Either Opera 36 (preferred) or Chrome 49.0.2623.112, the error message is from Chrome. While I can access the site with IE, I would really rather not use it for registering anything.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#55 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:07 AM
I am registering fine with chrome? but my version is Version 63.0.3239.132 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:37 AM
This is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much Quaxi, Julsfels, and to all who made this possible.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 2:56 AM
Woo, thanks!
Scholar
#58 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 3:23 AM
Wow, I too would like to add my thanks to you, Quaxi, for your willingness to help the Sims 2 community with your important software application SimPE. It's a great resource to help avoid conflicts with objects loading over each other.

I was wondering if it's possible, only if willing of course, to program SimPE to recognize the GUIDs for some objects that show up in neighborhoods from NPCs that are not Sims? They're listed as unknowns like the following items:

0x31946C3B = NPC - Bird
0x71B85E0D = NPCSkunkSkin
0x7250E297 = NPC - Penguin
0x2C996F9C = NPC - Remote Control Car
0x50596292 = NPC - Robot

Many of the other NPCs were already recognized by SimPE before. If it's too much to ask, that's fine, I thought I'd just throw out that idea since you've recovered some work files of yours.

Thank you again for your wonderful application, countless Simmers appreciate it.

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:23 AM
Thank you Quaxi!
Instructor
#60 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by d_dgjdhh
Wow, I too would like to add my thanks to you, Quaxi, for your willingness to help the Sims 2 community with your important software application SimPE. It's a great resource to help avoid conflicts with objects loading over each other.

I was wondering if it's possible, only if willing of course, to program SimPE to recognize the GUIDs for some objects that show up in neighborhoods from NPCs that are not Sims? They're listed as unknowns like the following items:

0x31946C3B = NPC - Bird
0x71B85E0D = NPCSkunkSkin
0x7250E297 = NPC - Penguin
0x2C996F9C = NPC - Remote Control Car
0x50596292 = NPC - Robot

Many of the other NPCs were already recognized by SimPE before. If it's too much to ask, that's fine, I thought I'd just throw out that idea since you've recovered some work files of yours.

Thank you again for your wonderful application, countless Simmers appreciate it.

Sure.
But first I have to find my way back into the SourceCode that I have written 10 Years ago...
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#61 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:21 AM
Oh happy, happy day! Thank you, julsfels for contacting Quaxi, and a ton of humongous thank yous to Quaxi for fixing this! I've been using the German site to register new GUID blocks (see, I knew my high school German would come in handy some day ), but I've been very, very worried it would only be a matter of time before that option was gone, too. Don't know what I'd do with myself if I couldn't Sim any more. (Move on to Sims 3 or Sims 4, you say? Yeah, no way in that very very warm place downstairs. )

Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 11:32 AM
Sure.
But first I have to find my way back into the SourceCode that I have written 10 Years ago...

That sounds like traveling in time! :D
Instructor
#63 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 12:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZeusSims
That sounds like traveling in time! :D

Yeah, but the bad kind with all the horrors
Theorist
#64 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 5:58 PM
First Numenor came back and fixed up AGS so that it would work for UC and now Quaxi has returned to fix the issue with SimPE and the guids. What other wonderous miracles does 2018 have in store for us Sim 2'ers? Well hopefully more wonderful creations :D

Thank you julsfels for pullin of this miracle and thank you Quaxi for answering and comin back and doing this. You and Numenor rock!

Umm, does this mean that that we're gonna be able to see the forums again too? Or is that data lost for good?
Forum Resident
#65 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 7:11 PM
I am so happy about this! Thank you so much! I updated the file that was provided and everything is working now! Yea!!! However, I had to register as a new user because I have been unsuccessful at being able to reset my password (no matter what I tried). So now I have a new Guid Block; however, I know what my original Guid Block is and I've been using those numbers. I figured I mention this just in case there is a way for me to retrieve my old account, so I can release the new Guid Block.
Not actually evil.
#66 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 9:02 PM
Sure.

May I quote you for my intro programming students? I think they don't believe me when I say comment and document your code because you may want to look at it years from now. Thank you much for being willing to go look at that code.

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Instructor
#67 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:11 AM Last edited by Quaxi : 31st Jan 2018 at 3:41 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
May I quote you for my intro programming students? I think they don't believe me when I say comment and document your code because you may want to look at it years from now. Thank you much for being willing to go look at that code.

Yeah, I will definetly talk about it to my students as well :D

Anyway, let's try this release Thing. I created a regular QA file. It contains the guid fix, as well as a new expansions.xreg (by slig from the Forums) and I tried to add the mentioned NPC stuff above. So if you could please let me know if it works.

[Removed Attachment]
Mad Poster
#68 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 1:02 PM
Thank you, I appreciate you coming back to help too, Quaxi - perhaps I will finally master SimPE now
Mad Poster
#69 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 2:34 PM
Oh wow...This is true and happening. Quaxi came back and fixed it. Am I the only one with tears of joy? Thank you so much. <3

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Theorist
#70 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 3:02 PM
@Quaxi I have a problem with meshes. When cloning an object the GMDC isn't included and when trying to open them from an existing package I get this error: is not a valid Win32 application. (Exception from HResult: 0x800700C1)

It's been a long time since I've setup SimPE though so I might be forgetting something I should do. I linked to my system files and DDS utilities and my computer is 64bit if that matters.
Scholar
#71 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 8:58 PM
Yeah, I will definetly talk about it to my students as well :D

Anyway, let's try this release Thing. I created a regular QA file. It contains the guid fix, as well as a new expansions.xreg (by slig from the Forums) and I tried to add the mentioned NPC stuff above. So if you could please let me know if it works.

I'm not sure if it's me, but there's an issue with NPCs not being recognized this time. To the left is version Q73, while the lasted one Q75 is to the right:

I have the program in a folder on my Desktop. I linked each expansion/stuff pack manually in the list of "System Folders". Was there something I was supposed to do?

Check out my latest version of Superman's Classic Uniform for The Sims 2.
See what images I have posted on DeviantArt as well related to The Sims 2 and designs.
Also check out My Website to see my superhero uniform creations for The Sims 2. THANKS!!!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#72 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 10:24 PM
Ok I am still using the 73.44 version, and while the website is fantastic, and I can now use the English version, I still can't register for a guid through SimPE directly. I replaced the dll posted earlier in the thread.

I copied the error

I wanted to add, it wanted me to register as a new user to get my guids, in simpe, but I can still get in the website fine?
Theorist
#73 Old 27th Jan 2018 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I wanted to add, it wanted me to register as a new user to get my guids, in simpe, but I can still get in the website fine?

I had that too but was able to login (without registering a new account) by going to Extra/Preferences/Ident if that helps.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#74 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 9:24 PM
The new dll works and allows me to register in simpe. I am using 73_44 and it is the unzip one, not the installer version.

When I do this in 0_72 it gives me an error. nvm, forgot to replace the dll
Instructor
#75 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Ok I am still using the 73.44 version, and while the website is fantastic, and I can now use the English version, I still can't register for a guid through SimPE directly. I replaced the dll posted earlier in the thread.

I copied the error

This message looks like it did not pick up the new dll file correctly and still tries to connect to the old, non https URL. Do you see a file called Validator.exe in your SimPE Folder? If so could you run it and please tell me the version string that is displayed for the sims.guid.dll?
Locked thread
Page 3 of 8